Thread: My vent.....

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default My vent.....

....grrrr.....so, for the past 5 years, our annoying neighbours have been periodially telling us that the window on the side of our garage which faces there house is in poor condition. We continuously explain to them that we are aware of the problem, but that the wooden window is deteriorating due to moisture, and that we can't fix the moisture problem until the house is re-pointed (which we were saving up for as its super expensive). So, finally, we are ready to have the work done, the workmen have been here for the past 2 days and will be back for 2 more days on monday. Here is the problem. Our house, and theres are 80+ years old and were both built before property lines were enforced. Our garage is built right on the property line, and there metal shed is placed right up against our garage. So, the only way to access that one side of our garage is through there property (note-there property looks like sandford and sons). So, my DH goes over and asks nicely that can we move the shed so that the workmen can get to the brick on that side. They say, no problem. Then, it doesn't get moved. So DH goes back over and says we will move it for you, no problem, and put it back when done. We are then informed that there are barrels of GOD KNOWS WHAT in the shed and that they are not safe to be moved (i.e toxic)!!!!!!!!!!! Freaking out now. I don't even know what the he!! is in them, or who the frick you have to call to enforce getting something toxic removed. OMG! And, to top it off, we are paying BIG BUCKS to have the brick fixed and the workers can't get at it.

Expert Forum User

um... call the city and see what you can do. but I don't think you'll get anywhere till monday. toxic what could it be? any ideas at all???

No frickin idea. But the husband of the house owned a paint store for a thousand years.....so I'm guessing something to do with paint.....

Expert Forum User

that's crazy. I'd call the city and get them to see if its safe to have in the shed which heats up in the summer. you don't want to have anything happen when/if that crap blows.

Yeah.....and I am concerned that if they have been in the shed for a thousand years (which is pretty likely) they would be leaking or something.........

The cops would know who yo contact about this, give them a call. And WTH, I would be scared also.

I'd be nervous of what's in the barrels too. Also what business is it of theirs if your window is in poor condition? How weird.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-02-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

I would call the Planning/Engineering Department on Tuesday and talk to someone there. They would be either be able to do something, or direct you to someone who could...

"The secret to having it all... Is knowing you already do."

Expert Forum User

I would call the city. If it is paint and old paint it could be lead based as well.
    I'm

[/B]