Default Does anyone know any moms in need?

I have a few baby items that are in good shape that I was hoping to give to someone who neeeds them. If no one here knows anyone then I will donate them to the Women's shelter.

I have some sleepers, a bouncy chair, a snugli and I am sure there are a few more things I still have to go through everything.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

If nobody on here knows anyone, I'm sure the women's shelter will make great use of them! Lots and lots of mamas come thru there who have had to leave ALL their stuff and they are starting out new, often having lost their income as well. I know baby stuff is well loved over there.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

That's good to know Myrrah. I am not sure if I am done having babies yet, but I would like to get rid of a few things. I will keep that in mind.
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

Yeah, there are a lot of women there and I know for a fact everything gets used. I think they cannot take large items, but women's and children's items are in high demand and very much appreciated.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

That's so true, thanks myrrah. My friend and I are pooling our stuff together to go through. What we can't/don't sell we'll donate!

girlsmum

Smile

I've had some very generous gifts of some clothing for my twins and I would like to return the circle by giving some of the items that the girls have grown out of to the women's shelter, I really like to know that they will be used and that they are needed. Myrrah, sounds like you know something about what goes on there for need so anyone? mind sharing the location??? I am still the one who doesn't know London very well so I need a location and whether I can just pop by with things or do I have to call first to let them know I'm coming. There is a shelter back in Guelph that is kept intensely private from the public, Marianne's Place, so if I can find the place, I'm on it to get some little girl things to them!!!

I know someone who could use whatever you have to spare!!!

Without giving to much info online,

She is in a w/c and pregnant and expecting twins in february. She is going to find out the gender of her twins at her next ultrasound. She lives here in London. I have dropped off stuff already to her. Nursing pillow, few sleepers......
    She doesn't drive, but she does have someone that can drive her around town for errands "occasionally".
    She was very appreciative, and I will drop off more of my baby items as my son grows bigger.

If you would like more info, please PM, as I don't want to give to much personal info about her online.

Thanks for being so generous!!

Quote Originally Posted by laurynsmom View Post

She is in a w/c and pregnant and expecting twins in february. She is going to find out the gender of her twins at her next ultrasound. She lives here in London. I have dropped off stuff already to her. Nursing pillow, few sleepers......
    She doesn't drive, but she does have someone that can drive her around town for errands "occasionally".
    She was very appreciative, and I will drop off more of my baby items as my son grows bigger.

If you would like more info, please PM, as I don't want to give to much personal info about her online.

Yay! An actual person to give stuff to is the best scenario IMO.

The shelter is Women's Community House, and it's a huge building with a sign out front located at Wellington and Grand. I'm not sure if you need to call first to drop stuff off, last I knew you could just show up. The security is very tight though and I think you have to leave stuff just inside. They will wave at you to say thanks, but it's not all casual and friendly. I know they are very grateful for donations, however.

Website: http://www.shelterlondon.org/ They are a big shelter housing a lot of women and children.

girlsmum

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laurynsmom View Post

I think I know the person you're speaking of, might she have just purchased a dishwasher in the last month?? If so, I met her husband who came to pick ours up. And if it is her, I can e-mail her and ask her what she needs, she is a sweetheart, IF it is the same person. Is that too much info to divulge?

I think we may be speaking about the same person. I met her a few months ago, and agree she is a sweetheart. I have been keeping my baby things to pass on to her, I think it's important for women to help one another. I want to "pay it forward" b/c people gave so generously to me after my children were born.

girlsmum

Talking

Well I sent an e-mail to said twin expectant, and gave her my home e-mail address asking her if there's anything she needs, her husband actually was open to the idea when he came to pick up our dishwasher. Now that you posted her need I thought I'd follow through. Now I just have to wait and see if she does e-mail me back. If she's having girls I can pass on quite a bit, told her that by Feb. I hope our girls will have given up the bottles and she can have my stock of AVENT bottles, she'll need several.
    Thanks for alerting us to her need.

That's fantastic, I do hope she takes you up on your offer!
    When I met her, I told her about LM's website and how generous others can be, I wanted her to know people can be generous, without thinking you "need charity". I believe what goes around comes around....
    It's a small world that you knew the "mom to be" I was referring to.
    I have deleted her email, can you PM me her email address.

Thanks so much

girlsmum

Talking

I pm'd you!

Hey.... I know that the Children's Aid Society is always trying to help families in need.... especially getting all the esentials for a new baby.... you should try there I am sure they would take items for thier families
    Anne

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    Yay! An actual person to give stuff to is the best scenario IMO.

The shelter is Women's Community House, and it's a huge building with a sign out front located at Wellington and Grand. I'm not sure if you need to call first to drop stuff off, last I knew you could just show up. The security is very tight though and I think you have to leave stuff just inside. They will wave at you to say thanks, but it's not all casual and friendly. I know they are very grateful for donations, however.

Website: http://www.shelterlondon.org/ They are a big shelter housing a lot of women and children.
    I just took a bunch of bags there yesterday. You just buzz the intercom, they ask you why you are there. They buzz you into the little foyer and you can put your donations in the big bins inside there. Very easy!!!

Merrymount at Huron and Colborne is also always looking for children's clothes.
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties