Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toddler shoes?

aveymom

Default toddler shoes?

Ok, Wave will be needing shoes soon. I went to westmount yesterday to take a look. I went in Kidz feet, pay less, Zellers and Sears.
    Kidz feet had some pretty nice stuff, but kinda pricey (IMO), I usually go to pay less, but in her size there isnt much right now, sears had nothing and Zellers were kinda over priced for what you got (same price as pay less but seemed really cheaply made).

So I looked on line, so far nothing has really interested me except the childrens place has some good sales BUT they do not ship, I do not drive and I want to know its worth the trip to a childrens place and which one, I have called but havent gotten an answer yet.

So while I am checking on that, any other shoe buying tips you wonderful ladies may have would be great.
    I am looking to spend under $30 and she is currently in a 6, am looking for 6 and 1/2 or 7, in somthing casual/dressy (not patent dressy, but not runners either)

thanks for any tips,

Stacy

Expert Forum User

Did you check the Kidz feet across from the actual Kidz feet? They usually have the good shoes but a little cheaper but sometimes the sizes are hit and miss. The Shoe Company also sells Stride Rite's and some of the higher end brands for less as well.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I get all the kids' shoes at walmart :P

Expert Forum User

I have gotten Stride Rite at the Shoe Company for some good prices.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

My favorite shoes are pedipeds...I think they go up to 24 months. Mia wears a 5 which is 12mth shoe from pediped. You can get them at funky monkey. They are awesome shoes!!! Range from 27-40 dollars depending where you buy them.

mumtobelle

I was going to say the Shoe Company too. I found a pair of Stride Rites for $30 there the last time I went.

Expert Forum User

oooh I second the Pedipeds! I got Violet two pairs when Funky Monkey had their sale but since neither fit her tiny feet yet I ordered her a pair of xxs ones that just arrived the other day and I love them.

SarahBeth

I got Ava a pair of shoes from Kidz Feet last year and though they were a bit $$ they were well worth it- she wore them ALL THE TIME (even in the house) and they don't look any worse for wear. Having said that, I just bought her a really cute pair at Walmart on the weekend - they had some really cute styles - Ava wears a 5 and I found the selection in St. T. to be picked over for that size so maybe it'll be better at a London store.

I think I'll check out the Shoe Company too - we still need some dressier shoes! Thanks for the tips!

Expert Forum User

Globo also has cute kids shoes.

to date I have bought all of ambers shoes and boots at wal-mart or winners

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

Pedipeds are awesome! Check out http://www.pediped.com/Home/Home.aspx

I just bought Ali a pair of Stride Rite from Kidz Feet and they are awesome!
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

girlsmum

Talking

Hey Ali's Mum................where's your post about the gorgeous shoes that you bought Ali that I drooled over wishing I could get them for our twins................I mentioned to Stacy that you have posted THE most gorgeous pair of girl's shoes I have EVER seen. Young Ali is one lucky young lady!

aveymom

I have a question for those of you who bought pedipeds about the size? Wave is in a 6 right , now I am looking for a 6 1/2 or a 7, should I buy the l, or xl? I measured her at just over 5 inches.

how do u find the sizes, large, or small?

thanks, Stacy

These are the Stride Rites I just bought for Ali, and they really are awesome!

With regards to Pediped sizing, the website says a Large is 5.2" or a size 6-7 and an X-Large is 5.6" or a size 7-8. I would say your best bet would be to go to Funky Monkey (if you can) and try a pair of each on.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Expert Forum User

I second Waimart. I really like the fit of Dr. Scholls (sp?) for running shoes, not sure if they have dressy ones in this brand, maybe? They are usually around $15 - $20. I have gotten some nice dressy ones there too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast