Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DueFeb7

Default SO sick of dealing with Bell Canada ....

I've had nothing but horrid experiences with Bell Canada and Sympatico since May.

ENSURE you watch you bills carefully!! They have been over charging me, taking money from my account, giving credits then taking them back, issuing credits via cheque and then stopping payment and not refunding my bank charges.

Does anyone else use a different provider? I've had bad luck with Rogers as well so that doesn't leave too much to look at. I'm ready to throw my phone as I'm at my wits end. I will be making a written complaint to Bell and if nothing is resolved I will take it to small claims court. Since they have been over charging me and I refuse to pay the bill until it is resolved, interest has accumulated ... late they agree to their mistake and do a credit but still expect me to pay for the interest. I'm so sick inside how these multi-billion dollar companies take advantage of others.

Sorry, had to vent.

I am with Bell and sympatico and have not had any problems. I feel for you. I had similar problems with Rogers that is why I left cable and went to satellite. Hope you get this sorted out.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

We too have had a terrible time with Bell. I suggest writing to the CRTC and also to Bell telling them you have done so. We got results fast when we did this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

ENSURE you watch you bills carefully!! They have been over charging me, taking money from my account, giving credits then taking them back,
    You are describing my relationship with Bell!! We had our cell phones through them and in the 2 years only 1 bill was ever accurate. EVERY single month I had to call and complain... soooo tedious. And when I tried to cancel they gave me a huge discount to keep us - and restarted our 2 year plan as a 3 year plan My DH finally wrote them threatening letters (he's a lawyer) and we got out of the plans for $400 (they wanted almost $800). Makes me sick, but as soon as we move I'm dropping all services with Bell. Grr

I have my phone through VoIP, Primus' Talk Broadband thingy. I love it. It's cheap, easy, etc. But I have internet through Rogers (and haven't had problems) so that I could have the VoIP phone...
    MonsterMom

Workout addict, ultimate procrasinator, English student and knitter.

DH works for bell canada and I manage a communications store where I sell bell and rogers products and services.. I still have billing issues.. communication companies are evil.. they have stupid policies regarding credits and you are very lucky indeed if you can get it sorted out. I wish I had a better answer for anyone!

for what it's worth I think sympatico is the lesser of the two evils for internet, rogers for cell phone, expressvu for TV and bell for home phone. Every division of the companies seem to be completely independent of each other!

I would reccomend that you get the "one bill" because the department that deals with "one bill" billing issues is actually quite good most days, so if you have any other services that is my suggestion!
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

We're with Rogers and have had no problems whatsoever.

We hated being with Bell. They'd keep calling us offering promotions and then we'd get charged different from what they said or would be charged for making the change ($39 once )

Since we changed to Rogers Bell called us and tried to get us to come back. They asked why I didn't want to go back and then I told him 'because you guys are always calling my house offering me promotions and such; you never leave us alone'. He didn't know what to say because he was on the phone calling us with yet another promotion and we weren't even customers anymore At the end of the conversation I was told that I needed to rate his call on a scale of 1 to 10. I gave him a low score and he got pissed off at me and became quite rude. It was hilarious.

At the end of the conversation I was told that I needed to rate his call on a scale of 1 to 10. I gave him a low score and he got pissed off at me and became quite rude. It was hilarious.
    That has happened to me on many occasions. They get quite snippy and rude. One even called me stupid for "not wanting to save money" by taking the deal they were proposing. Well, then of course THAT made me change my mind and take the deal...

dh cancelled his cell with them.....and a few months later we get a bill... they put it on hold, went to call and they said the contract wasn't up, which it was, they got it messed up because he lost his phone and put it on a new phone...so they "cancelled" it as we asked....wel nope a few months later another bill. dh finally got really rude and it was cancelled, but we did end up paying some kind of hold fee on the last bill (as in last regular phone bill...not the bills they sent after we cancelled) because I missed it. So yep crappy service.

For internet before we moved to the country we used odynet...we didn't have any problems with them.

DueFeb7

Quote Originally Posted by bikruca
    I would reccomend that you get the "one bill" because the department that deals with "one bill" billing issues is actually quite good most days, so if you have any other services that is my suggestion!
    They are still two totally different departments and since then I've had nothing but hell from them.

If you have the typical phone service bundle with high speed internet it comes out to be about $110.00 a month WHICH IS INSANE !!!! On Monday I'm cutting all of my services and trying to find a cheaper provider both on internet and home phone.

I need to cut corners as much as I can right now ... I'd die without any internet lol.

a few years ago I got a bill from bell , a huge bill , I called to see what was happening . The name on the bill used to be in my name , all of a sudden it was in my husbands and we had all the services added too. When I called them to find out what had happened they said they couldn't talk to me they could only talk to the persons name on the bill!!! I was steaming as it was my phone in the first place.
    After a huge battle I told them I was (my husband) and how could they prove that I wasn't so they went on to tell me that I( as my husband) had called and added all these features. They charged me $20.00 just to change the name on the bill and then when they had reversed all the damage they were going to charge me an additional $20.00 to do it again when I didn't do it in the first place.
    It turned out that someone who said they were My hubby called and added everthing and changed the name. So the end of it all after many calls and many hours, I have everything back to normal, no charges made, but now I have a password added to my account so everytime we call bell they have to ask for our pass word before they can go ahead with anything. I was SOO MAD!!! So I feel your pain!!
    BELL SUCKS!!!

I have rogers for everything on one bill I pay 150 a month for net/cable and 2 cell phones

The worst thing about Bell is that stupid "Emily". I swore at her once and she switched to French! Go figure.

DueFeb7

Quote Originally Posted by mom2two
    The worst thing about Bell is that stupid "Emily". I swore at her once and she switched to French! Go figure.
    LMAO I know exactly what you mean !!! How annoying her voice is and at times it takes forever for her to understand what in the heck you are saying.

I've always had my services through Bell and have had no issues with them but I know people who have. I've got my Sattelite, phone and internet thru them bundled and pay about $160/month. But we get a ton of channels heh

My sister had the exact same issues with them that you've been having. In the end, she got any money owed to her back and went with a different provider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast