Expert Forum User

Default Anyone in Old South / Wortley village?

Now that the weather is picking up (well, not so nice today alas!), I'm able to get out with my little one and it would be nice to have a bit of company. Old South is a great neighbourhood to go for a walk in, and my daughter (4 months) enjoys it too.

Are there any baby groups in the area? I was thinking of joining the baby salsa class.

I'd be interested in anything really, not just baby stuff! My partner could do with getting in some babysitting hours.

I ve been going for walks around Old South too.
    I d be up for getting together.
    Former Username JOTR

Expert Forum User

Im pretty close. I'll be taking salsa babies starting on April 7. I'm also taking a Just Beginnings class at the Landon Library starting next Thursday
    I'm

[/B]

Expert Forum User

Oh, the Just Beginnings class sounds good, but it could well be full by now. I'll call to find out.

Does anyone do the adult classes at Tecumseh? I think I'm going to sign up for the Wednesday evening belly dance class. (Not for babies, just to be clear. I'm imagining lots of babies wriggling around on their tummies in time to music.) Registration starts on Monday.

I think I've jinxed the weather, it's cold out there!

Expert Forum User

I am around this area too but my baby is 10 months old. I was gonna do the baby yoga but I'm too poor

Expert Forum User

The OEYC has a playgroup at Elmwood Avenue Church at Elmwood Ave. and Cathcart Street. It's Tuesday mornings from 10-12. My youngest is in JK now so we don't get there every Tuesday but it's lots of fun, and there are lots of moms with young babes that attend.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Expert Forum User

Are there many young babies at the playgroup? Mine isn't really at the playing with other kids stage yet. I will definitely keep that in mind though, thanks!

I called about the Just Beginnings class, but it's full already. The next one in Old South doesn't start until she's 6 months, which is too old to be eligible, so that sucks. But I did sign up for Salsa Babies.

At least walking is free, Agata! Anyone fancy meeting up in Wortley Village for a coffee this week? Or meeting up somewhere for a walk? The weather forecast looks better for Wednesday or Thursday.

I thought there might be a few more people from here in Old South. I have seen plenty strollers in the vicinity.

Expert Forum User

I went to Just Beginnings when my 1st was 9 months old. At that time it was for moms and babies up to 12 months old, maybe it's changed? My daughter was the oldest babe there, but not by much. I met many women there and I'm still in contact with a few. We continued meeting up long after the classes were over, for years I highly recommend this.

There are many little ones at the Elmwood playgroup. There is a baby friendly area with soft toys where you could socialize with other moms. Christine and Debra who run the group will welcome you and introduce themselves the moment you walk in the door. I will be there tomorrow with Georgia, we'll probably be near the playdoh and craft area.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Expert Forum User

The flyer said it was for babies 0-6 months. This one is run by the OEYC rather than the Health Unit. Maybe I should just call anyway..

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePig View Post
    At least walking is free, Agata! Anyone fancy meeting up in Wortley Village for a coffee this week? Or meeting up somewhere for a walk? The weather forecast looks better for Wednesday or Thursday.

I thought there might be a few more people from here in Old South. I have seen plenty strollers in the vicinity.

It is free, yes and coffee cheap we'll watch the weather and we can meet up if you want. My baby doesn't like to sit for TOO long at a time though unfortunately.

I am new to wortley village and have a social 6 month old! Can anyone tell me of any play groups in the area?!