Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Couple of fixer-upper cloth diapering items and a wool soaker (for free!)

(I didn't have any responses in the Natural Family Living forum, so thought I'd post here so see if it got more traffic)

Hi! I've been weeding out and posting diapers for sale that we aren't using - I have too many

Anyways, there are a couple of things that are not in great condition and if someone one was up to fixing them might be quite useful.

I have two recycled wool wraps (originally from sweaters). A mum passed them along to me. One is approximately a medium and has no closures - if you added snaps, velcro or maybe even used a snappi, shoudl work. The other is appoximately a large and has velcro closure, but the elastic is gone on one leg.

The other is a fleece outer all-in-one diaper. I bought it off a mom and said the elastic was almost gone and she argued it was fine. It was a bit big and after a month of sitting htere, the elastic is now crunchy. It isn't super absorbent, but for a light-wetter or if you wanted to sew in an extra soaker, could work well. Cut bunnies on the fleece outer.

Let me know if you could us these. Hate to throw things out if someone is handier at fixing thing than me

I also have an orange-y coloured wool soaker that someone is welcome to. Approximately a medium, fairly high rise. Nothing wrong with it, but it was handed on to me, so I won't sell it

Thanks!
    Lauren

(BTW, if anyone here is into using wool and has a little girl, I'm trying to sell a beautiful wool skirty We never used it over fitteds, just once to try on over a pocket!)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

I have some fixer-upper cloth dipes too if anyone is interested. I haven't gone through them yet, but I'd like to get rid of them at some point so pm me if interested!

I have a couple fixer-upper one size too that I missed when I gave the rest away if anyone's interested. They're pretty worn but still nice and absorbant.

Lauren I would love the wool if you still have it...the AF covers just aren't working for us. He gets a rash/welts from the edging.
    K ~ Wife and Helpmeet to J, SAHM to DD, M ('05) and DS, B ('07) an'd blessing no. 3 due Oct.'09!

I have a snap press! PM if you have something that needs resin snaps replaced or added. Diapers, clothes, etc.

I have a bag of fixer-upper dipes as well. I figure I could easily make soakers from them (serge a rectangular shape from the mid sections), but that takes time... something I have little of these days for extra work :/
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

Quote Originally Posted by MMmama View Post
    I have a couple fixer-upper one size too that I missed when I gave the rest away if anyone's interested. They're pretty worn but still nice and absorbant.

Lauren I would love the wool if you still have it...the AF covers just aren't working for us. He gets a rash/welts from the edging.
    Sure. Do you want the soaker and/or the fixer-upper wraps?

Thanks,
    Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by MMmama View Post
    Sorry to hear he can't use them
    SOmeonen was looking for some: http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...QAdIdZ25025657

Can't remember what size you they were ....

Thanks for the heads up Lauren. I'll have a look at the ad and keep it in mind. I'll see if the wool makes a difference. His rash is still not gone, even after a week of disposables and a 1% steroid cream 1-2x a day. We'll see if he does better with natural fibers....

As for the wool, soakers and/or wraps are good. I don't have any wrap style...how do they fit over the MEOS?
    K ~ Wife and Helpmeet to J, SAHM to DD, M ('05) and DS, B ('07) an'd blessing no. 3 due Oct.'09!

I have a snap press! PM if you have something that needs resin snaps replaced or added. Diapers, clothes, etc.

The wraps I haven't used as they needed some work first. They are fairly wide and I would suspect they would fit over the MEOS fine.

Thanks!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

FYI - I'm also interested in any used ME AF covers in m/l that I can get my hands on.