Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Who is/was your midwife?

Expecting mamas with midwives, who do you have? Or, if you've already had your babe, who did you have?

I had Katherine Wallace at Womancare last time, and this time I have Sam, as Katherine is on vacation around my due date. Sam was my second last time though, and I love them both.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Expert Forum User

I had Karen and Niki at my delivery. I love them both to bits. At the time they were with TVM. They are now working in St. Thomas at Talbot Creek. If we have another I would seriously consider driving to St. Thomas for my prenatal care.
    I had Shawn as my Primary. I didn't really click with her. I did though click with her student who was also at my delivery on her own time and we still communicate 15 months later.

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

I had Amy from TVM with number 2 and 3 was with Heather Struckett at TVM. This time I have to say I am making the drive for prenatal to see the girls at Talbot Creek.

Expert Forum User

I had Katherine from Womancare and Marie was my second. They were both wonderful.

Banned

I had Marie from Womancare ... Jane was my secondary and we did not click at all. I actually had Erin and Liz at my birth ... and I was so happy I really like Erin and she has gone on to Talbot Creek . no more kiddos for me but if I were to have more I would want Marie again.

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by Horvyboysmom View Post
    I had Amy from TVM with number 2 and 3 was with Heather Struckett at TVM. This time I have to say I am making the drive for prenatal to see the girls at Talbot Creek.
    Are congratulations in order Horvyboysmom? If so a great big CONGRATULATIONS!

And for the original question, I had Marie at Womancare and I really adored her. Jen was a 4th year student who was on board as well. I liked her very much too. I am not able to have a midwife again should I have a third but if I could I'd go with Marie in a second!

I had Marie (from Womencare) as my secondary with my 1st and liked her so much I made her my primary with my second. Celeste and Jen(student) were my secondaries the second time around. If I decide to have another, I hope Marie is still around. She had mentioned that she won't be doing this too many years from now. If you want someone who is very kind and nurturing, then I would highly recommend her.
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

I had Sam/Lisa with my LO, and Sam was the one that was on call, and Katherine was the second midwife present. All I can say is, Sam was AMAZING...I had a very long labor (48 hours start to finish) with no drugs or interventions, and she was so wonderful with me and my DH. She's very knowledgeable, has great pain strategies (for when breathing "just isn't enough" anymore!), and I just felt like I was in very capable hands. Katherine was also wonderful, even though she was only there for a few minutes before my LO was born, and I'd only just met her. You're in good hands mama!!
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!

I had Marie from Womancare with my second, and Jane was my back-up and ended up delivering. I wish I could have a do-over and have Marie for my delivery.

I had Katherine from Womancare and can not say enough wonderful things about her - she is amazing! I am almost 100% sure we are done having babies, but I would actually consider having another one just so I could be in Katherine's care again - lol
    Tracey

I had Marie (womancare) And was asked if I would allow a student who graduated this year to work with her. I said sure why not. She was an extra set of hands when it came time to deliver. I really liked Marie, and Lori was the students name.

I actually felt more comfy with Lori the student for some reason. She was amazing when it came time for Sir Riley to come out.
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)

I had Teri Clarke from Womancare as my primary and Liz as secondary. Marie and Teri were at my youngest sons birth. I really liked all 3 quite honestly. I wish I had known more about midwives when I had my eldest son because I would have gone with one in a heartbeat! I ended up with a very condescending female OB with my first son Evan...it ended very unexpectantly and with a very unwanted and unnecessary induction then c-section (along with 3 out of 4 of the women in labour with this particular OB that night! she wanted to section the 4th woman apparently but because this woman had already had 2 and vaginally and knew what to expect, etc she told her off and ended up being the only one with a vaginal birth that night!).
    I loved how the midwives took to the time to listen to my concerns, gave me options/choices which I didn't feel I had with that OB and I loved how they came to my house for the 6 weeks after the birth! How convenient that was!

Kendall

Jane primary, Elizabeth (student Midwife at the time) secondary. The midwives who came for my care on D-Day (Delivery Day :P) were Elizabeth and Katherine.
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

I had Katherine Wallace at Womancare last time, and this time I have Sam
    Myrahh do you have something to tell us???

I had Jane as my primary when I had Serena. I looove Jane, I know I'm the only one. I was supposed to have Marie as my second, but Kat ended up being the one their. I have no feelings either way about either of them.

I had Teri as my primary when I had Katie. I would never choose Teri again. I can't recall who was "supposed" to be my secondary, but it was Celeste who was there. I beleive that Celeste saved me a whole lot of grief. I'd choose Celeste again no problem. Other than the slight weirdness of having your neighbour all up in your cootch.

Edit - OMG, I can't beleive I forgot Liz. She was a student and present when I had Serena and she was my secondary when I had Katie. Love Liz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast