Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Best Olympics EVER!!

Anyone else all full of gushiness and absolutely exhausted from the last 17 days? That was AWESOME!!

So, let's talk about the best moments! Here are my faves:

Curling fans spontanously singing Oh Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDn28RwwfhQ

Marianne St-Gelais watching Charles Hamelin win gold: YouTube - Crazy celebration of Charles Hamelin's 500m Gold

These pictures of the flame going across the country: Olympic Torch Relay nearly complete - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Alexandre Bilodeau winning the first gold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcQhl...eature=channel

Mielle Richer giggling after she won gold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcK3b...eature=channel

Shaun White on the half pipe http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../7/E3bkq2oM23c

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/A0blU7Gh8xk

Crosby's winning goal!!

Tessa and Scott's ice dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvhid...eature=channel

Joannie Rochette's short program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQYoy...eature=channel
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 02-28-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added more video

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Mine was DH turning down all of his friends offers etc and staying home to watch the gold medal game (hockey) with DD and I. It was a great family moment.

In terms of actual olympics..... I get goose bumps just thinking about the curling match where everyone sang the national anthem.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

I agree with AWESOME! I personally like what just happened in the closing ceremony where they poked fun at the torch malfunction from the opening and had Catriona light it tonight! That was awesome. There are so many moments to pick from but my personal fave was Tessa and Scott winning gold cause I was there and got to sing Oh Canada! I went to 10 events but that was the only one I got to see where Canada won gold so it was my highlight of the Games. But really the entire Games are a highlight, I just love the Olympics and to have it in Canada and have the country do so well is truly amazing.

Expert Forum User

I usually don't like the olympics.. But I have watched so much of it this year! Ive liked so much but can't really point out any favorites right now!
    Last edited by *momma*of*angels*; 02-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Banned

I so enjoyed the Olympics this time I really felt the spirit and essense of being a proud Canadian. It felt great to feel connected to all of Canada

Dh was just saying .. the very same thing.. its not that we were winning .. but that we 'were' .. ykwim.. just proud to be canadian and showing it!

omg, Turtle, I hadn't heard of the curling thing. haha
    thats fantastic! LOL

Everything turtle wrote.....I agree 100% !!!!! The BEST Olympics!!!!!

Banned

I have never gotten as into the Olympics as I have this time. I just loved every single moment of it! I have just cheered and jumped and been teary eyed soooo many times over the last 17 days.
    Now what am I going to do with all my time?? LOL.
    What's the countdown to 2012 Summer games??

I am going to be sooo lost without the Olympics tomorrow. What am I going to watch on TV now?!

In addition to all the moments already mentioned, my most favorite athlete was Canadian skeleton gold medalist Jon Montgomery. He was so authentic and so funny when he won.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Last edited by Lauren's mom; 02-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Expert Forum User

My favourite Olympic moment happened in my living room tonight. I told DD that the Olympics were now over and she was all “Ah.“ So, I told her that the next Olympics were the summer Olympics in 2012. The following is the rest of our conversation...

DD: I'm going to be in those Olympics.

Me: What will you be doing in the Olympics?

DD: Oh, maybe some cartwheels and round-offs!

Me: stifled laughter as I tried not to pee my pants.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

Yes!!!! So many moving moments, and feeling very proud of Canada!!

Expert Forum User

My very favourite moment was tonight after the hockey game. DS was so happy about a “GOLD“ (although he doesn't understand what it means) and he stood up and sang the national anthem. He then informed us that when he is 8 he's going to learn to ski so that he can go to the Olympics and do the “bumpy hill and then a backflip“ and that he's SURE he will win gold too. Awwww! I need to record that in case that is exactly what he does!

I also loved all of the moments turtle mentioned. And am right there with everyone else who has no idea what I'm going to do now that it's over.

Such patriotism...and to do so well on home turf is just amazing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of it. LOVED that winning goal made by Crosby tonight! My son was sitting there saying this to me “mommy the US is gonna win you know“ and I said “Oh no they aren't sweetie, Canada is going to“ Sure enough right after I finished saying that to him, Crosby scored the final and winning goal woohooo WTG! I love the closing ceremonies too!