Default Starting over....

Funny how life changes on you. After being a single mom who gave birth to premature twins 8 years ago, I never thought that I'd want to go through that again.
    But, here I am.....and with great excitement and nervouseness......I'm having my tubes untied this Friday!!!

Has anybody ever had it done? Does anybody know of someone who had it done?

Or maybe someone has been on birth control for a long time and is "starting from scratch" again?

Would love to hear anybody's thoughts on this!!!
    Last edited by Twinsmommy; 09-19-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Administrator Site Admin

Hey welcome back!

I just had my tubes tied last august when rowan was born and I already regret it. I know it was the "right" decision for us since we already have 4 boys and hope to adopt a girl someday. I just can't stop thinking about never being pg again. It's funny how you forget the pain involved!

I would love to hear more about what you are having done and what they told you the cost was and the chance of success from the procedure. How long have you had it booked it for? How long after the procedure till you can start trying again?

Good luck!
    Leslie

Talking

You know what? It was a suprisingly easier process than I thought. DH and I went to see the surgeon on Feb. 4, 2007. You could have it scheduled within a couple of weeks or you can plan it for however long down the road you want depending on your preference or life/work needs. September worked best for us because there weren't any sports to have to worry about and the kids were back in school so it was a prime time for me to be resting and taking time off work. You also schedule ahead of time but dont pay till 2 weeks before the surgery, so there's time to save. The total cost of the doctor, anesthesiologist and hospital fees was $3700.

We were very comfortable with him and he explained the process. I myself had "clips" put on my tubes, so he told us that he would just cut them off and re-attach the tube. Then they flush them through. H asked how long till we could start trying and the doc chuckled and said "well, most people wait till they get home!!!

As soon as the surgery is over you're able to convieve at any point, but it's 7-10 days of rest, so it's at your own comfort level. Physically, there is no reason to have to wait for any specified period.My chances of getting pregnant again are exactly the same as before but the chances of a tubal pregnancy increase from 2%-3%. There is one main doctor in London who does all the reversals and has been doing so for many many years. I have heard of much more difficult reversals being done by him and been successful.

Well, tomorrow's my big day! I will keep you posted after the surgery on how it went! Good thing for lap tops and wireless internet...my bed is going to be all set up!!!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away!

How exciting..Best Wishes!
    Mom of 2 and 2

Expert Forum User

All the best to you tomorrow.

Im back....

OOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!

I have to say that kinda hurt....just waiting now for it to be all worth while!!!!

congrats and good luck!
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Congrats to you! Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Well... it's been exactly 4 weeks since the surgery and things are still going well. Healing great, so now it's just time to wait and see what happens!!! *fingers crossed*

Funny.... days used to fly by before, but when your waiting for a period which may or may not come - it feels like FOREVER!!!!