Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diva Cup

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default They're here! Diva Cup

Hi! I remember seeing people talking about these awhile ago and figured this might be the best place to post it.

DiaperTraders is doing a Frontiers co-op and they have Diva Cups for $19.50. There is a $1.50 co-op fee plus shipping to Canada. But compared to local prices this sounds great!

I'm going to get one and am quite happy to combine if anyone else wants one too. It would split the co-op fee and we could share shipping. Just have to realize there is the chance of customs fees to split as well. Let me know

Thanks!
    Lauren
    Last edited by lhastie; 10-29-2007 at 02:39 PM.

ooh, we did this a couple months ago, and it was a success. I know of one friend (rawmom, a mom on these forums) who is interested in getting one. I can find out if anyone else I know is interested as well.
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

girlsmum

Does anyone know of a link that I could go to so I can read up on the benefits of using a diva cup?? I've known about them for years but haven't taken the time to read up properly on them, how they work, why they're better, etc.? I can say yay or nay after that??

Thanks

Here is their own website with some information: http://www.divacup.com/

There are some comparisons here and there, mostly personal sites that I found:
    http://sew-in-love.com/menstrual-cups.html
    http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~sumanah/keeper.html

I have to admit one of the reasons for my interest as I have seriously bad periods and have heard some talk that using reusable products has helped some people. I have no idea why that would be, but hey, I don't mind helping the environment and would love something to make my periods easier.

Siana, sure, let me know I can't remember if it was your post where you ordered a bunch through MDC. I didn't realize the cost difference between just buying retail and through a co-op, my goodness, it is almost half the price!

It closes the 17th, so just let me know before then.

Thanks
    Lauren

girlsmum

So cost comparison, between buying separately and buying co-op what would be the price difference and are you ordering just 1 or are you buying a package of say 2 or 3?? Talk to me about costs as I don't know what the cost is by ordering co-op-wise.

Thanks

Banned

I might have an interested friend!
    Just wondering and being a bit naive here. Why would there be customs fees involved - aren't they made in Canada and be shipping from here? Or do they get shipped to the US and then shipped back here?
    I thought they were based in Kitchener!

Hi.

Someone on diapertraders is running the co-op of Frontiers and Frontiers sells the Diva Cup for $1.50 USD. I can order how ever many through that co-op. There is a $1.50 co-op fee per order (same if I ordered one or many items). Also, there is the shipping from the person running the co-op to me.

As a comparison, from the Diva Cup website the cost for Canada is: CA$39.50 + 6% GST+3.25 S&H.

I think someone asked about getting a discount rate directly from Diva Cup, but it was a tiny discount compared to this.

Thanks,
    Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    I might have an interested friend!
    Just wondering and being a bit naive here. Why would there be customs fees involved - aren't they made in Canada and be shipping from here? Or do they get shipped to the US and then shipped back here?
    I thought they were based in Kitchener!
    They are definitely shipping from the US. The co-op is for Frontiers (https://wholesale.frontiercoop.com/w...aleCatalog.pdf) and they sell the Diva Cup. The shipping to the co-op host should be free, so it is the US to Canada shipping cost. So there is the chance that customs will charge their fee and tax.

Here is the link to the thread with the general information in it if you want the details. Anyone is obviously welcome to order themselves (I don't think there is any minimum requirements to participate), but thought it might be a little easier to go in together. Either way

http://www.diapertraders.com/vb/open...o-op-open.html

Lauren

There will be no customs on this co-op.

It needs to be stated on the customs forms that the contents are "Menstrual Products - Made in Canada". I may have got the wording not quite accurate, but if you dig up the old DivaCup co-op thread, it'll be there.
    Mama to two

HippieMama

If someone wants to buy the cup locally, they're available at the London Co-op store (on Princess at Adelaide) for about $30.

How much would it cost, then, through this co-op to buy one? How come I've never heard of this before? LOL!

When we did the co-op, it worked out to approx. $18 each.
    Mama to two

Expert Forum User

I bought some and was the one who orginally started the thread mentioned to Siana. I was run by an MDC mama before and I think my price was about $13 plus coop fees plus shipping. I believe I ended up paying about $55 CAD after exchange, credit card paypal fees and shipping to me for 3 cups. Considering one would cost upwards of $45 alone retail it's a wonderful way to get a discount! I would never have tried it at that price

Original Diva Cup Thread from May

Yes they need to be labelled as "Menstrual Products - Made in Canada" or something similar for duties and taxes to be avoided.

It's a wonderful product but takes a learning curve to adjust to using it

I'm pleased with it so far!

PM me if you have any other questions or post here and I will try and answer them for you.

MM
    Last edited by MilkyMama; 09-12-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

girlsmum

Red face

Once details have been worked out, I think I'd like to order 2 of them to give them a try, and *with red face* I will need some advice as to how to use them..........and keep them sanitary for my benefit!!

Expert Forum User

Question here.

So the cost will be....

Diva Cup
    $19.50

+

Co-op Fee
    1.50 (Is this each or divided amongst the number of cups?)

+

shipping (Is this divided amongst the cups)

Am I missing anything cost wise??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast