Thread: 3D Ultrasound

Default 3D Ultrasound

I'm interested in finding out about a 3D Ultrasound. Has anyone had one or knows if there is a clinic in London that provides this service?

Expert Forum User

We went to UC Baby in Cambridge. It was a GREAT experience. I don't think there is one in London. We bought the package where you go twice in your pregnancy. We have about 100 photos of Julia in utero and 2, 1 hour dvds of her moving, yawning, sucking her thumb etc. It's SO laid back. You don't have to fill your bladder before going( they actually get you to eat sweets). They also allow you to have up to 5 people in the room for the experience. Their website is online. The package we got was a little over $300 if I remember correctly. We will definitely go again when we decide to have a 2nd baby. I highly recommend it!

Erica

We also went to UC Baby ...I highly recommend it. St Joe's does have 3D but you can't request it. They did a few 3Ds of Niamh while I was in antenatal as practice.

tdavies

3D ultrasound is fantastic. I just had one done last week, and it was a great experience!! I keep looking at the pictures and the dvd we got. We were so impressed, we're looking at opening our franchise here in London (hopefully December 1st, 2007). For anyone looking for more information, check out www.3dbaby.ca

tdavies

Default Our 3D ultrasound picture

Here is a picture of our soon to be darling new baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I want to get this done. Theres a place in windsor that just opened up so we might go back there to do it.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

Here are two photos of Julia in utero. I was about 6.5 months pregnant.

Erica
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D Ultrasound-julia3d.jpg   3D Ultrasound-julia3d2.jpg  

tdavies

Default great shots

Erica, Fantastic shots!!

Expert Forum User

awww, thanks tdavies.... I like yours too! Seeing this post made me pull all the photos out again. Not that it's been SO long, but I forgot how amazing they are! When was your ultrasound? How far along were/are you? Are you going back for a second ultrasound?? I found the photos from my first ultrasound (around 6 months pregnant) were clearer since she wasn't so big yet. I went back for my second ultrasound at about 32 weeks and it was less eventful. She was already head down and not moving as much, so it was much harder for them to get a range of shots.

Erica

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Unhappy

Hi there:
    I had gone to UC Baby in Mississauga when pregnant with my 2nd son (not sure it was around when my eldest son was in utero or not?) but the one in Cambridge hadn't opened yet when I went, so this is the reason I had chosen to go to Mississauaga instead. I had a fantastic time having it done. They were very friendly and patient there as well. I wasn't the least bit rushed when I had it done. I wouldn't recommend going on a Saturday if you can avoid it, as it can be very busy so I have heard and they may try to rush through things quicker on that day since they have more people to get through, etc. I only had the one done and not 2 though. I had also gone later in my pregnancy. I cannot recall the exact price but it was over $200 I know that much. It may have been about $250? not certain of that though!
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. If you decide to have a 3D ultrasound done, it will be something you will be able to hold onto and keep forever as a nice keepsake! I highly recommend it to anyone contemplating having one done!
    Kendall

Default Thanks

Thank you so very much for all of the information! It was nice seeing what the pictures look like as an end result.

tdavies

Default 30 wk ultrasound

Erica,
    This ultrasound was just done August 28th, 2007. I was 30 weeks along then, and it was great. It took a little prodding to get the little one to quit hiding behind it's arm....but daddy talking to the belly made it happen. That, plus I had a chocolate bar and an orange juice just before.

It really was amazing! We went to the 3DBabyVision place in St. Catherine's as they have $99 Tuesday specials and we squeaked in before I had to go back to school. One thing I've found though, is now I'd love to go back and check out the baby again--this time without our 3 year old son! (he wasn't very interested in his soon-to-be sibling!)

Have a great week everyone!
    Tania

Expert Forum User

Tania

How exciting!!!! Congratulations on the baby to be!! I'm assuming you've chosen not to find out the sex of the baby??
    I'll have to keep that 3D BabyVision in mind for when we decide to have another baby. I didn't realize there was one in St. Catharines. I'm from Niagara On The Lake so that is super close to home (parents home). I'm in NOTL often enough, it may make sense to do it there next time around!

Best of luck to you in the remainder of your pregnany!!

Erica

tdavies

Thanks Erica! Things are going better than I thought after a summer off....I expected to be in a lot more discomfort, but so far, so good!

My mother in law also lives in NOTL and we stayed with her after the ultrasound.

We're really hoping to launch one in London soon, so keep an eye out, you may see us soon!

Happy Hump Day!