Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default How did I forget?

I was sitting here earlier today and I just realized it is already February 1st! The reason this day is so important to me is because I was supposed to get up at 7am (which I did but went straight into the shower) and come online to the provincial parks website to book a site at one of the prov parks for July 1-8th (I have normally lucked out and been able to get the site I want or come close to it with my 2nd choice;I do realize that is a hit or miss, depending what sites are already booked and for when and also who is already online and beat you to it for the booking). I didn't get my 1st choice this time (no surprise with not getting onto the system right away) and I was starting to get concerned because as I was sitting here looking through the sites still available, which are dwindling fast (due to the holiday of July 1 when many ppl go camping even for a couple of days) but we did manage to book a site which is considered good quality and good privacy It was the LAST one left with those specifications, so crossing my fingers it is actually the way the description says it is, seeing as we will be staying there for 1 week!
    Next time it comes time for us to book a site, I NEED to remember to write this down on my calender (one can book exactly 5 months in advance of the day they want to camp just an FYI for those who weren't aware of that fact).

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Glad you got a site! I hope it's everything it's supposed to be! I miss camping I haven't gone in years!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

wow thats passion for campin

Quote Originally Posted by jjsam78 View Post
    Glad you got a site! I hope it's everything it's supposed to be! I miss camping I haven't gone in years!
    We hadn't been in years either. We ended up buying a used tent trailer a couple of years ago, thinking it would be easier with kids and it is, not to mention my back cannot take laying down on the ground (even on air mattress). We have been camping every summer ever since and we love it! The kids have been asking when we are going camping again for that few months hehehe! So far we've booked 2 camping trips this summer and will book a few more-can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by McMommaBear View Post
    wow thats passion for campin
    Lol! Oh heck if you want a 'good' site at a 'good' campgound in this day and age, you need to book one that far in advance. It has gotten SO popular over the years at these prov parks!

Expert Forum User

Glad you've got a site!!! I have a post it next to my computer reminding me each morning that I need to book my site on the 8th.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mommymanda View Post
    Glad you've got a site!!! I have a post it next to my computer reminding me each morning that I need to book my site on the 8th.
    Hehehe yeah good idea! Where you planning on heading on the 8th and I assume it will be for July 8th?