Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Confused about this new law

So, starting today, no more cell phones in cars (thank goodness). But SO was saying that MP3 players in cars are part of the law too. (?) I was out at Future Shop, looking to buy a thingy so that I can plug my MP3 player into my truck, but now I don't know what to do. I don't remember hearing that they were part of it. And the guy at the store sure didn't say anything. Can anyone enlighten me??

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

from what i understand you can put your mp3 player on and leave it on, but if they catch you programming a playlist or whatever they can bust you.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    from what i understand you can put your mp3 player on and leave it on, but if they catch you programming a playlist or whatever they can bust you.
    That was my impression too!

I still see lots of people holding their cell phones and talking away. I hope the law is actually enforced and tickets get issued.

i always use my hands free.

Expert Forum User

You can use any device that is hands free. So no programming your GPS while driving or texting or changing songs on your MP3. You can still use a GPS and MP3 (just don't touch it essentially while you are driving). You can either wear a blue tooth or buy a thing that mounts to your visor so you can talk hands free on your cell.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLove View Post
    You can use any device that is hands free. So no programming your GPS while driving or texting or changing songs on your MP3. You can still use a GPS and MP3 (just don't touch it essentially while you are driving). You can either wear a blue tooth or buy a thing that mounts to your visor so you can talk hands free on your cell.
    Exactly.

I'm so glad this law is being inforced now
    Used to be momtoJ&T but that was too boring.

yeah its too bad they aren't enough police on the force to ensure this law is abided by... i wish i had a penny for every person i've seen on the phone since this law started.. a few of those have nearly done us in.. thankfully dh is an awesome driver. and the 'backseat' driver is paying attention..

Expert Forum User

I just hope they're able to crack down on this stuff. I have seen lots of people still smoking in cars with children and lots of people using the phone while driving held to their ears. GPS stuck in front of them trying to figure out where they want to go. I think the idea (at least from what I'm reading) is that it has to hands free. An officer finds you fiddling around with an MP3 player, GPS or cell phone, or anything else handheld you get busted. Here's hoping for safer roads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    yeah its too bad they aren't enough police on the force to ensure this law is abided by... i wish i had a penny for every person i've seen on the phone since this law started.. a few of those have nearly done us in.. thankfully dh is an awesome driver. and the 'backseat' driver is paying attention..

Same can be said for people speeding and driving like idiots in general. Seems like the police are never there when people are flying 30 km or more over the speed limit in town.

Expert Forum User

i hope they can enforce it
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Expert Forum User

Someone should add eating and drinking beverages to the list. Although, I am guilty of this as well.

Basically, it should be anything that does not allow you to be able to put two hands on the wheel at any given time.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SweetyPi View Post
    I just hope they're able to crack down on this stuff. I have seen lots of people still smoking in cars with children and lots of people using the phone while driving held to their ears. GPS stuck in front of them trying to figure out where they want to go. I think the idea (at least from what I'm reading) is that it has to hands free. An officer finds you fiddling around with an MP3 player, GPS or cell phone, or anything else handheld you get busted. Here's hoping for safer roads.
    Yeah, and then when you give them a dirty look or honk b/c they are driving like morons, they seem mad at YOU?? Idiots!

LOL yesterday evening we drove beside a cop that was TXTing on her cell phone!!

Expert Forum User

im confused didnt this come into effect back in oct?!?! why did I get a handsfree then?
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast