Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Question Do chiropractors do stuff to help shoulders?

I know you can help with problems in backs, hips, etc but I was curious if you do anything to ease shoulder pain?
    Mine get so bad and I'm starting to look at options here. I've tried phsyio but was only able to pursue it for afew months before I had to quit.
    I've tried cortisone shots but they only worked for a short while and the doctor was concerned with my age/frequency of needing them, and the long term effects.

Originally I had torn rotator cuffs, but now I'm not sure what the heck it is. It just aches constantly and hurts anytime I lift or push with either arm.
    It does grind funny when I move my left arm above my shoulder and my shoulder blade kinda grabs, too...
    so is this something worth approaching a chiropractor about or is this not in their / your territory?

Thanks Sorry for the big prelude. Just wanted to explain what they'd prescribed to kinda give you and idea what it might be wrong with me.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Hi there- great question! I am sorry that you have tried so many things unsuccessfully. As a chiropractor we , after getting a full history ( and more info on stresses involved), many times do have great success with shoulder concerns. We examine the shoulder itself as well , relate it to potential, association with the nerve componets higher up in the nerve system that send the power and instruction to that area. Children with nerve palsy's that affect that area have responded very well under my care, as have varsity / olympic athletes. Perhaps that gives you some assistance
    Dr. Laura
    Dr. Laura

www.chirolaura.com
    519-671-4850
    The advice i give is not meant as solicitation from any current chiropractor. Obviously a full exam is warranted to give full and complete diagnosis. The information I give is just meant as a guide