Default Nausea / Stomach pain

I have had some pretty bad morning sickness, except I usually feel my best in the morning and the absolute worst in the evening. Lately I haven't been able to keep much down after the late afternoon.

Today I am experiencing the worst stomach pain of my life, it is probably heart burn but I am in so much pain that I can't stand up straight (I just want to curl into a ball to reduce the pain), I have tried tums before and all they is make me "sick", I have tried eating food w/ calcium in it (yogurt, pudding) etc. Bottom line, if I eat after 4pm /5pm I bring it up and leads to more debilitating pain. If I don't eat, the pain is still awful. I really want to get rid of this, I think I am going to have a breakdown if I don't.

If anyone has any suggestions they are appreciated, if not thanks for listening to me whine.

Expert Forum User

I have bad morning sickness with each pregnancy it seems, my only way to deal with it last time and this time is 8 diclectin/day along with two Zantac150 b/c my stomach is always so acidic and burns which makes me throw up just stomach acid. I also wear sea bands, snack constantly so I'm never hungry or I throw up, I'm tired and dizzy right now so that's all I can think of but there is much more I do/try I'll try to think of. Hugs.
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

Expert Forum User

Sounds horrible...and I can't help, sorry . I just deal with terrible heartburn.
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas

Thanks, I have been wearing sea bands for over a week now but I don't know how much they are working at this point. I am too afraid to take them off if I feel as bad as I do with them on! I think that I am going to have to call my doctor tomorrow and demand medication. When I was there last I told her how bad it was and she said, “tums“ and ginger...big help!

I think you need meds for sure. What you are describing (the stomach pain and the heartburn feeling) sounds like acid reflux. I have acid reflux and a hiatus hernia. My doctor took me off my old meds b/c they are not safe in pregnancy, and put me on something that is safe, so I do get relief but not to the same extent as my old pills.

Mine is worse at night, and what I do that helps (a bit) is sit upright, and I doubled my pillows at night so my head and upper part of my body is elevated...this has helped.

But I think you need to demand some meds, it's not good to suffer.

BTW - I find that pears and bananas make my acid reflux worse, and of course I avoid spicy foods, peppers, etc. I hope you get some relief soon.
    Last edited by ilovetinks; 01-27-2010 at 07:14 PM.

I have nausea all day and it sucks. I use gingerale, crakers and gatorade. Not much help.

Expert Forum User

I get that pain too. Awful!!! Plus the nausea is driving me right around a bend.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

I have made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow, so hopefully she will give me something to help. (fingers crossed).

Thanks everyone!

When I had debiltating pain so much so that I couldn't stand up it was gall stones. You might try low fat to see if that helps with the pain. If it does help....might be gall stones.
    Hope your doc can help you out.
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

I'm not sure if it would happen this early for you... but when you have the pain, if you put pressure on your stomach does it relieve it even slightly?

I had major stomach pains during this pregnancy (though much furthur along than you)
    and it was due to diastasis - my abs were essentially tearing apart - happens to some preg. women, but apparently mine was worse bc it happened with my son, and didn't 'go back' like it usually does, so they were splitting furthur apart - lovely lol

the upside was that at least this far along the pain has substantially subsided - but your Dr or midwife will be able to feel with their fingers whether that is the issue.

Good Luck! Hope you find a resolution soon!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by cari View Post
    When I had debiltating pain so much so that I couldn't stand up it was gall stones. You might try low fat to see if that helps with the pain. If it does help....might be gall stones.
    Hope your doc can help you out.

This happened to me aswell. Although I did eat a low fat diet and still had horrible pains.

With my first I was sick all the time day and night. I had my gallbladder removed when he was only 2.5 mths.
    With this one I only have morning sickness sometimes.

I hope for your sake it is not this, but get it looked at if you can (they do an ultrasound) because mine was left untreated for years and I ended up with gangrene yuck!!