Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Paige just found out that she might be able to sing the national anthem in front of either the London Knights or the NHL (she can't remember which). How exciting!

girlsmum

WOW, that's really cool for Paige, she must have a really nice voice, I would love to hear her sometime, I was trained in opera many years ago(never mind how MANY years,LOL), but I lost my nerve, certainly before I could have sung before such a long crowd, way to go Paige!!
    Last edited by girlsmum; 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmum View Post
    WOW, that's really cool for Paige, she must have a really nice voice, I would love to hear her sometime, I was trained in opera many years ago(never mind how MANY years,LOL), but I lost my nerve, certainly before I could have sung before such a long crowd, way to go Paige!!
    H AHAH AHA HAHAHHAA SNORT NO she does NOT have a good voice at all!! OMG I'm still laughing. I love my daughter, but I think she's tone-deaf. Seriously. OMGZ she's so bad. She couldn't hit a note to save her life. I just hope there's enough of them going that she's drowned out.

This would be more for the experience, than the talent, by far. HAHAHAHA Oh dear, thank you I needed that laughter.

How incredibly exciting that you actually trained in opera!! I was really really good on flute, but never pursued it.

*slinks away*

girlsmum

Talking

Hey Amy.............yes trained in opera, but diaphragm crushed in twin pregnancy, so I am using my Celtic Women DVD's as my training tools to retrain my voice, but it's hard when I'm trying to equal the voice of 17 to 28 year olds. It's harder to train as you get older, those higher notes are harder to hit. Celine Dion and I are the same age and born only a few miles apart from each other...............*sigh and sniff*, she's had a wee bit more singing success than me! But however Paige got the opportunity, it's still a great landmark for her!!

NEW WEEK'S FUN................anyone this week with shares about their little ones?

Yesterday we found out that Paige was accepted into the Choir!! That trip to sing the National Anthem at an NHL game may very well be in her future!

Also, Douglas wrote his name completely by himself yesterday! And it was nearly legible! I wanted to cry I was so proud!

girlsmum

Congratulations Paige on making the choir!! Keep practising! And way to go Douglas on working so hard to write you name, more with pratising!!

Good work guys!
    Last edited by girlsmum; 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by amyunicorn View Post
    Yesterday we found out that Paige was accepted into the Choir!! That trip to sing the National Anthem at an NHL game may very well be in her future!

Also, Douglas wrote his name completely by himself yesterday! And it was nearly legible! I wanted to cry I was so proud!
    That's Fantastic Amy!!! You should be proud of both you kids!! WTG Paige and Douglas!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by amyunicorn View Post
    Paige just found out that she might be able to sing the national anthem in front of either the London Knights or the NHL (she can't remember which). How exciting!
    what schools does paige attend? DD's schools choir is singing for the knights this year

My kids go to Lorne Ave. Apparently it's an NHL game (in the states) that they will be able to go to, but if the parents want to go they have to purchase full price tickets. Hrm...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12