Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    girlsmum

Talking What's something GREAT that happened with your child at school today??

Here's a nice opportunity to post a new or fun thing that happened with your child at school today!! Lots of hurray's I'm hoping to have happen!! If anyone wants to turn this into a sticky, I haven't figured out how to do that!!.............only a poll.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I posted on the other one to try to bring the tone up!! Haha!

My kids have already been rewarded for good behaviour There has been no tears getting ready or going to school. I'm looking forward to a great year!

Expert Forum User

My son found his best friend who was supposed to have moved away over the summer at school. They are a year apart, but he was so happy! This may be a great year for him. He has an excellent teacher and he is really happy to go to school.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

girlsmum

Thanks for a good post on the nightmare post Amy, stickers are cool! And so are bestest friends!!

I think every LO should be acknowledged for the good things they do. My eldest aunt taught for 35+ years and she always reminded me that encouraging young people is SUPER important! So if someone got a stamp or sticker for a good deed, plse post! And plse let you LO's see the nice replies on the computer for them!!!

So YAY for those who posted already!!
    Last edited by girlsmum; 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Expert Forum User

I'm just happy that my DS is actually happy when I pick him up! Ever since moving to London and switching schools in the middle of the last school year, he has been so unhappy. He actually has enjoyed the past 2 days (minus the tears first thing in the morning). It makes me so happy that he is actually enjoying himself!
    Stacey

Expert Forum User

I know its only kindergarten but my DD is happy to get up in the morning and go. Lets hope this continues for years to come.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Camryn had a great first day of school. She was happy to see her friends that she missed over the summer. The teacher told us all that the SK's did a great job remembering how to come in, get their books and sit on the floor. It was great to hear that they remembered!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

girlsmum

Vicky was NOT happy when I moved her here to London from Guelph but at least she was a bit older and it was during the summer so she was new as some others were, a bit less frightening.
    And if I can find the poem about *Everything I need to know about life I learned in Kingergarten*, I'll post that for those who haven't seen it or have their first LO going into school. Been there, done that 10 years ago, seems like yesterday though, yes, Vicky: high school, no, Vicky not my baby anymore!*sniff*.

girlsmum

Way to go Camryn for starting school remembering all the rules!

**Picture the nice Spongebob pic that wouldn't upload!**
    Last edited by girlsmum; 09-06-2007 at 12:36 PM.

My oldest is not in the class with all the bad kids this year, she might actually learn something instead of being distracted by the bad kids.
    Last edited by 2girlsmom; 09-06-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: because my fingers are not working right.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

girlsmum

Bad kids need swirlies..........................flush toilet, insert head.........Muah-Ha-Ha!

girlsmum

Talking

YAY!..............Vicky got the right bus to and from school, AND she got a new lock on her locker that actually works! She's on the floor doing her homework, might I actually have a high school student with ambition in the making????...................sarcasm as today's teens are just weird!?!?!?!?!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Glad today went better for Vicky!!!!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

My DD just started JK and is loving it, she didn't even look back for me when she first went in.lol. The teacher says that she is doing phenomenal. Yesterday a little girl in her class forgot her snack so my Taylor shared hers with her.I am so proud of her.

girlsmum

Talking

VERY COOL...........................sharing is a great thing to do with others, way to go Taylor!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast