Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by PikaJen View Post
    Bri's new school shifted their schedule from what they gave me in June when I registered her, and as such, when I went to get her for lunch, it was over. No lunch for Bri.
    That's ridiculous!! We shouldn't have to ask an verify these things. When we drop the kids off on the first day, they should be handing out the information so we KNOW what to expect. Jeepers.

girlsmum

Thumbs down

HEY HEY HEY.................that's not right not having lunch for a small person. I'd have taken her home for a lunch anyway and brought her back when good and ready. Sorry to hear your DD had to go through that.
    Plot here continued just peachy again today..............Vicky was at her appointed spot at the NEW? time, and the bus picked up a bunch of students up the street from her and bypased her completely, so again flippin tears!!!
    I just had had enough so again on the phone with the vice at Laurier, on the phone with Laidlaw, was offered a pick up that would have had her late for school, well I got a wee bit rude with her and told her I would get her there myself, *censoring the rest of my words*! Ahem...Blahblah, went to the high horse, the supervisor of transportation for Thames Valley District at 8 this morning, no more crap thought I.........told him something was to be done like NOW, he personally looked up her name and bus number for Laurier, where she was to be picked up and how many of those 15 Laurier students at said stop were in grade 9, turns out it was 5. He said he doesn't usually go to these lengths, said I didn't really care, he gets the big bucks to do this, so he was to call the school, speak to the vice and buddy Vicky up with a grade 9 student on HER bus at HER stop to make sure that she gets on/off the bus at the right place at the right time. I thanked him kindly for his time, what a mom has to do to get 'er done! Jeepers!
    We'll see how that goes, the day's not over yet!
    I guess this week's just gonna have to sort itself out.

Expert Forum User

Aww..poor Vicky. As for a little one not having lunch.... UNACCEPTABLE. My kids school will at least call me if I forgot to leave a lunch. Hey, we're all human, I get that.. but if a teacher sees a child Not eating and does nothing... that's not acceptable. I hope everything works out alright. I tried calling the school today only to find the number I had for last year "is not assigned". I had to hurry up and get Miss A for a dentist appt that I almost forgot about. Of course I didn't bother calling 411 to see if the number had been changed. So I'm scrambling, walking to the school then thinking I had to call a cab to get there on time. It turns out when I get there, they informed me that the phone number had been changed as of last May and it was in May and June's newsletters... how many of you read the whole thing??? Teaches me now doesn't it. So at the very least she made it to her appt on time and back just in time for lunch. So that's all well and good. But the way I was informed the number was changed wasn't a good enough excuse... My fault I guess.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Bri's new school shifted their schedule from what they gave me in June when I registered her, and as such, when I went to get her for lunch, it was over. No lunch for Bri.
    I can't believe that!! I hope you gave them a piece of your mind!! They should have informed you of the change or at least had a reminder posted.

Oh Poor Vicky!! I hope that her class experiences haven't been as bad as the whole bussing issue. I hope things are finally sorted out and that tomorrow the bus actually picks her up. Keep us posted. HUGS
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

girlsmum

YAY! I didn't get a call from Vicky on the street saying that her bus went past her........after speaking with the supervisor of transportation for Thames and made him fix this, seems she got on that bus today, no problem...............now if I could just get the janitor there to stop cutting her lock off and try it out first? I had to send $5 with Vicky this morning for a new lock. We'll see how it goes!
    And I hope that every child today has their lunch as is due them all and has a FAB day!!
    Cheers all................I would love this post to turn from nightmare into success stories, stars on papers, a new song learned, in fact I might start a new thread like that!!

Why on earth would they be cutting her lock off? I feel very sad for your Vicky and you. Hope everything runs smoothly today and she gets home safely.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

YAy Glad the bus finally came for her. i hope the rest of her day goes smooth
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

For crying out loud!! School's in it's THIRD day and she's missed the bus (their mistakes) and had her lock cut off?!?! FFS. I'd be in tears too!

Yes let's hear successes.... these poor children.

My son got a stamp yesterday for remembering to give me the forms I had to sign, and take them back! My daughter got a Good Work Badge!!

Expert Forum User

Some schools have a stocked "forgotten lunch cupboard" I know we do. Hopefully Bri was given something out of there for lunch. Poor kid. *shaking my head*
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Expert Forum User

Poor Bri. I'm assuming the teacher may have had classroom duty and couldn't leave to call you, or get an E.A to do it? Or did they miss you in calling when you were on your way to drop it off? I'd have been upset about this. Please tell me they gave her snacky stuff to hold her over right? In the school I work in all the classrooms are stocked with a tote bin having cheese/crackers, juice, chewy cereal bars, and fruit cups. Its for the kids who didn't bring enough,forgot to bring something, or the parent just can't bring it in.

girlsmum

Wink

With all the breakfast clubs in place, I believe it is mandatory that if a child does not have a lunch, that the teacher discreetly have some snacks onhand or that he/she phones home to inquire!! If not, that would be in direct contrast to the programs they put in place for kids to eat properly for concentration, and in this case a no fault issue........we should all be asking our schools about issues such as these..........they've taken so much away, if Ontario wants their students to meet the world's eduational abilities, open your wallets and let the moths out for whatever is needed! I know, too much rant, to be apeased by the knowledge that Bri got a little something and a proper apology issued for the miscommunication. Gee, if I can get one from a transportation supervisor, surely a teacher can admit that's not proper student supervision?

I was a little annoyed, but not all *that* worried about it. Someone in the office (principal? secretary? I dunno) said I could just take her home - but when I talked to Bri she didn't want to come home, she just made me promise to give her a big snack after school.

She had some food for the day, but it wasn't much. She had half a bell pepper and some yogos. They were both meant for her first nutrition break, but apparently the kid has some psychic ability and saved the yogos. Probably the teacher saw her eating and wasn't counting the food items. I sent a note the next day and all is well.

Glad to hear... smart girl there... I still can't get over the complete lack of communication between schools and parents. It's appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmum View Post
    HEY HEY HEY.................that's not right not having lunch for a small person. I'd have taken her home for a lunch anyway and brought her back when good and ready. Sorry to hear your DD had to go through that.
    Plot here continued just peachy again today..............Vicky was at her appointed spot at the NEW? time, and the bus picked up a bunch of students up the street from her and bypased her completely, so again flippin tears!!!
    I just had had enough so again on the phone with the vice at Laurier, on the phone with Laidlaw, was offered a pick up that would have had her late for school, well I got a wee bit rude with her and told her I would get her there myself, *censoring the rest of my words*! Ahem...Blahblah, went to the high horse, the supervisor of transportation for Thames Valley District at 8 this morning, no more crap thought I.........told him something was to be done like NOW, he personally looked up her name and bus number for Laurier, where she was to be picked up and how many of those 15 Laurier students at said stop were in grade 9, turns out it was 5. He said he doesn't usually go to these lengths, said I didn't really care, he gets the big bucks to do this, so he was to call the school, speak to the vice and buddy Vicky up with a grade 9 student on HER bus at HER stop to make sure that she gets on/off the bus at the right place at the right time. I thanked him kindly for his time, what a mom has to do to get 'er done! Jeepers!
    We'll see how that goes, the day's not over yet!
    I guess this week's just gonna have to sort itself out.
    I'm really not sure, but this sounds like it is the bus company that is screwing up, not the school system.

Glad you got results though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
    Why on earth would they be cutting her lock off? I feel very sad for your Vicky and you. Hope everything runs smoothly today and she gets home safely.
    I do know the answer to this one, but I am not saying this was the case re: Vicky's being cut off.

Custodians cut locks off of lockers that are being used, but aren't actually assigned to anyone. Usually those lockers have been bolted shut, but sometimes students find an empty one and slap a lock on it to use it as their own.

It is totally a safety measure. Re: bomb threats, storing illicit materials, etc.etc. etc............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12