Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    girlsmum

Angry What A Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

The first day of school and Vicky is left on a street corner waiting for her very first bus ride to start high school, double whammy................................aaaaaaaaaaaa and, NO BUS! So she calls me from her cell all panicked and in tears, she drove us crazy being a nerve ending yesterday and today this happens. I call the school and as usual get to an upper, I had the vice principal on the line, I guess the bus lines issued the incorrect times for the buses and literally hundreds of students were left stranded as the actual schedule was 10 mins earlier than issued to students. The vice had the nerve to ask me to call Laidlaw and ask them to come back for Vicky, I said very clearly, "That sir, is YOUR JOB, NOW DO YOUR JOB, I have twins waiting to be fed!!!" I gave him Vicky's cell number and told him to call her personally and FIX THIS, reminding him of how intimidating it is to start high school as a minor niner! Why the **** am I always placed in a position where I have to chew new ones for ppl, I hate it, I can do it but this is crazy. Vicky's comfort for the day is that mom always MAKES things happen for her, if that makes her day go well, I'm willing to do it. Anyone else have a freak story for a first day?????????LOL!

Expert Forum User

hmm.. funny you mention it. The boy's bus was 10 mins earlier then what it should have been. But it waited until 8:35 before leaving so he made it fine..now I'll let you know wjat happens when the girl gets back from school

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

well, the bus picked up my son, but his old school called at 11:15 asking where he was. Um, at his new school? Remember, the one that we did all the paperwork for in June? Oh, what's that? You didn't send his record or do any of the other paperwork you were supposed to do? Fabulous...lol

Sorry to hear that she had a rough start to high school, hope her and your day improves.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Oh dear... the unorganized chaos of the First Day. I had the secretary tell me that the teachers picked the students up from the playground, only to watch all the kids pour into the school when the bell rang. Turns out we had to go to a "communication room" and wait for them to transition the kids to their new rooms (previous students went to their old rooms and were picked up from THERE by their new teachers), THEN they'd figure out where the new kids went and pick them up from the separate room. Kindergartners get taken directly to the room (that I didn't know where it was located or which teacher my son had), and all the drop-off and pick-up times are different. Am I psychic?!

McCulloch

Ahh poor you hun!! And your poor girl, not a nice way to start your first day of high school!! I hope both of your days get better, and hopefully the damn school system will get there act together!! All the best

girlsmum

Zoo? That is too funny................with all the chaos of the last week, I can just imagine my response if her middle school had called to ask where she was today? UMM................sorry she graduated from your school last June? Are all the lights on in your headspace? When I said in another post that I'm seriously considering home schooling my twins, I'm not kidding. I disliked Vicky being on a school bus to begin with, today hasn't brightened my opinion of buses.
    Post script?................my husband just left to go and pick up Vicky from school because they sorta forgot to let her know which bus IS supposed to pick her up beginning tomorrow? The ordeal took over an hour before a bus came for her and it wasn't HER bus and this being new to her..................she's a shy young lady going into high school, probably didn't make a peep the whole day trying to sort out Laurier and it's rooms. Ugly school interior BTW, no taste for decor this school, YUCK,LOL! So now when Vicky gets home, I need the story and then again on the phone with the school to get her proper bus info!!! This'll make a nice memory of high school's first day for her...................I don't see her composing any music to it calling it HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

Expert Forum User

Poor Vicky. What a rotten thing to happen on the first day. I hope tomorrow is much better (and that she doesn't come home in tears today).

I swear, that exact thing happened my first day of highschool!! Except I didn't have a cell phone. I had to get on the city bus with the other stranded students and I didn't even have any money - bc I wasn't cool enough to carry it with me yet.

Expert Forum User

All my kids buses were LATE! Go figure!
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

*shakes head at school system* Unreal. These poor kids. Not the impression your daughter wants to make as a Niner.... sigh.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Sorry, to hear that Vicky's first day didn't start out to well. I hope that things got better for her.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

girlsmum

Talking

YUCK........plot thickens...............Vicky calls home from the front of the school, all the buses have left and no one got around to telling her which bus would/should have been hers, how nice. So thank goodness hubby was home(and yes, things are all worked out at home, YAY!), and he went to pick her up. OH MY, how I was mad when I again spoke to the vice principal. Life has a nasty habit of requiring me to be the nasty ***** and point out that I'm tired of these *issues*. The outcome thankfully is that the bus systems are much better organized, bugs worked out and I now have the proper time and bus number for the year. Vicky was not alone in her experience, I'm so glad I didn't have to drive around anywhere between 7 and 9 this morning, now there's a nightmare!! And on to day 2..............................
    Vicky's doing ok though, she knows mom's gonna find a way to make it work, for me it's just blind luck?!? HAHA!
    Yeah, mommy wants to home school small nerds!!
    *shakes head at school system* end of Amy quote.
    Last edited by girlsmum; 09-04-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Give Vicky a hug from me. She's gonna be a tough cookie by the end of this trying first year of highschool. That's when I toughened up, I tell ya.

Bri's new school shifted their schedule from what they gave me in June when I registered her, and as such, when I went to get her for lunch, it was over. No lunch for Bri.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast