Thread: heel pain

Default heel pain

I have heel pain in both my heels. It's pretty bad in the mornings when I first get up and at the end of the day if I've done a lot of walking or been on my feet a lot. I had it before I got pregnant, but just in one foot, then it magically went away when I was pregnant, but now it's back and in both feet. I was wondering what I chiropractor could do to help alleviate the pain? Are there specific stretches that I should be doing that could help treat it?

Hi- Great question. There are many things that can cause heel pain , but characteristically if it is worse in the morning plantar fascitis jumps out at me. This is a fancy term for when the fascia ( or band) that runs from your toes to your heel gets really tight. The chiropractor can do many things. Specific stretches can be suggested ( when this specific diagnosis is established), adjustments to the foot and low back ( to correct positioning and alignment- leading to incorrect positioning of the feet) and looking at orthotics to see if correcting specific foot biomechanics is a place to look. Hope that helps.

Dr. Laura
    Dr. Laura

www.chirolaura.com
    519-671-4850
    The advice i give is not meant as solicitation from any current chiropractor. Obviously a full exam is warranted to give full and complete diagnosis. The information I give is just meant as a guide