Thread: the first day

Default the first day

Well mine are off at school for an hour now and it is so quiet here. A little sad to see my baby going everyday all day, but nice too.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Mine is also gone full days now. House is quiet. Couldn't wait until Sept but to tell the truth I shed a few tears in the van once I dropped him off.

Expert Forum User

My two were excited to see the bus. Even my lazybones son made it out to the bus on time. Miss A is always excited to go. Little Miss starts on Monday. Is it really different between going everyday vs. alt days?

I really like the full day everyother day, as opposed to half days. I think it frees up the teachers and they learn more. I have done jk with my oldest which was half days, and kept my youngest out till sk. When she started sk it was full days and did just fine.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I feel run-ragged already. Walked them both to school, had to wait to find out where my daughter's class was and figure out when she got out vs. when my SK son got out (different dismissal times), found the Kindergarten room and met my son's teacher (found out drop-off time - even though we're new to the school apparently I was supposed to just "know" this stuff somehow... it's totally different than our last school). Got groceries on the way home, fed son and then we almost had to run to get him to school on time, now I have less than an hour and I'm off to work! BLAH!!

I personally wish Kindergarten was full days, every other. That way I could drop them off and pick them up at the same freakin time, and have more than an hour to run errands/do housework between them both (having one in full days and one in half days sucks a lot). SIGH. I suppose if I had a license and a car I wouldn't be so whiny.

I'm selfish! I want summer back! HAHAHA!!

Expert Forum User

I had to keep busy today... it was sad with everyone gone.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Banned

So far only one of mine has started (SK) - afternoon only. One starts JK on Thurs (pm) and another starts nursery school Thurs morning (only two mornings per week though). I already miss the lazy days of summer.

If I could afford it financially, I think I'd be home schooling.

Expert Forum User

Tomorrow's Trent's big day - he starts Jk - so it's going to feel weird and Em's not going to know what to do with herself (she and Trent are glued at the hip). So, we are going to have a girls' day (with Logan) and go shopping

I will admit that I love the full days, every other day, for JK/SK. I put them on the bus and don't see them again until the bus drops them off It gives me time to do what I need to get done!
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My oldest started JK today on her own (yesterday was an open house and I went with her). She seems to be fine but I am a bit sad. She said it isn't as fun as her preschool but I think this will change as she gets more used to the routine.

She keeps telling me all the 'rules' and it makes me a bit sad and wistful for homeschooling but I will stick with this for now and see how it goes.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Silence~lol

3 of my 4 are in school full time this year, grades 6, 5, and 1. The baby is napping, and I think I am lost.

Its wonderful, but so weird!!
    Mom of 2 and 2

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Camryn started Sk today. As much as I missed her it was nice not having to answer her hundreds of questions ect... for a few hours LOL
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.