Thread: Wortley Vandals

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Wortley Vandals

Last night, someone threw a brick through DH's car window and stole his wallet (stupid to leave it in the car, I know). Pretty sure it was kids, since the brick is the same as the ones at Wortley PS and a few people have called to say they found bits and pieces of his stuff on the streets/sidewalks. Anyone with a brain would've dumped it in a garbage can and kept the stuff to steal his identity... I guess we should be glad they were dumb. Such a violation though! And a huge PITA - it's going to cost about $500 to fix it all, plus getting all his ID back. GRRR!

That sucks, I'm sorry. I usually feel so safe in Wortley Village.

Although someone tried to steal my car from my driveway in Old South once...

Sorry it's going to be so much money and work to straighten things out! How frustrating.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

totally sucks! Sorry that happened to you guys!

That sucks big time!!

oh no! our friend in old north was sleeping in the basement of his parents house and the doorbell rang- but he just ignored it (sleepin' and whatnot) then he goes up and sees a dude smashing a window with a brick. breaking in.

The guy says "oh, shit, sorry man" and runs.

Our friend opens the door to go out and then dude starts swearing at him.

crazy!!!
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Expert Forum User

That sucks! We too are in Old South and feel pretty safe. From the looks of the park near us, there seems to be a lot of teenage vadals around here.
    Laura
    Mom to Haley (7) and Paige (5)

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.
    ~Lewis Hine~

It's frustrating to no end. This was almost unheard of when I was young. We didn't for once think about "tagging" something, or breaking windows or crap like that. And I lived in Boullee; one of the worst areas of the city. I'm constantly disgusted to see the destruction these frickin kids are doing (wrecking the pools, playgrounds, cemetaries). Where are these children's PARENTS?!?!?! Even when they grow up they turn sometimes turn out to be these a$$hole drivers, jerks that break in to ppl's houses and cars, etc. Grrr.

There should be a curfew, and make the parents responsible for their children's actions; as they should be. I would be mortified if I found out one of my children was responsble for destruction of property or loitering, etc.