Expert Forum User

Default help with beach wedding!

First of all, the wedding won't be till I get engaged, and at least 4 years from now!

But has anyone did a wedding away from home? I want my wedding to be on a beach in Cuba! (this will be 2nd wedding for both of us, but I don't want to cheat us, cause we have been married before to other people!)

I have started a bank account dedicated to my dream wedding, I didn't get to be involved much with the 1st one) so I want this one to be special!

If anyone has any advice, since I know I won't be able to bring a lot of stuff with us, flowers, etc. I would really appreciate it.

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

A family member had hers in Panama. I dont know too many of the details but I know she only had to bring her dress, and they took care of everything else.

I know the wedding is supplied by the hotel if you and your guests are staying there.

Go all inclusive.

Expert Forum User

We got married in the Bahamas. If you pick a resort that does weddings they do the planning for you basically. You just choose the theme and then when you get there you pick which cake, music, bouquets, etc... you want. That is my experience anyway.

Expert Forum User

Ok, cause the resort we love in Cuba (been there twice), has a wedding option for $50, but I dont think that would include much. I guess I will talk to the hotel when we go in December. Thanks for the help.

Expert Forum User

We had ours at Sandals. We got ours free with the room we stayed in but it was just the 2 of us. For a bigger group you have to pay more and if you want a theme it's more too. I would explore different options since you have some time still, bit IMO it is soo much easier to do the destination wedding cause it took so much stress off me, all I brought was a white dress (not even a wedding dress) and that's it... did my own hair and makeup and we got some really great photos taken. WE are very pleased with the experience.

Expert Forum User

what about family.....Or you doing to 2 thing?

My BF got married in the DR almost 3 years ago, and we were at the Iberostar resort in Punta Cana. At first I was very annoyed that they chose to go away and basically force everyone to pay for a very expensive time away in order to attend their wedding... BUT it ended up being a blast! It made sense for them to do a destination wedding since her parents are divorced (not amicably) and a traditional wedding would have been very stressful for her. we had so much fun- we got to hang out together every day, and things were very low stress and low key.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by simpsongirl View Post
    what about family.....Or you doing to 2 thing?

Family will be invited, but at your own expense. You will have the option of going the full 7 days (we are, planning on doing wedding day 3, then have 4 day honeymoon!!) or going 3-5 days.

There are still alot of details to work out. I want a destination wedding cause there is alot going on in my family, and I will leave it up to the certain members to join, or not. I will not be asking for any wedding gifts, as whomever joins us, will be a gift enough. I already have my photographer lined up (she is a great friend, and I told her I will pay for her and her hubby, and she will do my pics and album for me!!)

I am looking at just wearing a nice sun dress, doesn't have to be white, there is a great hair and makeup place there, and I don't plan on wearing shoes, just bare feet on the beach, and him in a nice shirt and shorts. I don't care if my friends/family wear bikinis!!!

I know it is a long ways off, and don't even have a ring yet, but I am a planner lol.

I'm sure you don't realize, but I wanted to let you know that the word jip is offensive. It is from the word gypsy and was spelled gypped or gyp. It is derogatory in the same way saying “he jewed me down“ is. It is very offensive to Roma (gypsy) people.

Anyways, good luck with your wedding.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ljmama View Post
    I'm sure you don't realize, but I wanted to let you know that the word jip is offensive. It is from the word gypsy and was spelled gypped or gyp. It is derogatory in the same way saying “he jewed me down“ is. It is very offensive to Roma (gypsy) people.

Anyways, good luck with your wedding.

Fixed it for you, I was at work and just typed fast. Sorry wasn't thinking.

i just got married in dominican (punta cana) a year ago...there was alot of legal paperwork to do beforehand but my wedding consultant at the resort was great emailing back and forth. As for flowers, food, etc...they just had a package i paid for. When i got to resort we sat with planner for 10 minutes, picked our flowers, cake, menu...etc....sooo easy!! and the package was only 1100.00 extra (on top of trip price) + pictures from onsite photographer, about $600 i think?

it was my perfect dream wedding...we are headed back in 2 weeks to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!..

Expert Forum User

Wow thats great, I think I will talk to them when we go in December, see what I need to do and plan for. The place I want is all inclusive, their website says we get a special sit down meal with our party, they supply music (but welcome CD's of our choice), a dance floor outside (inside if bad weather), a cake, flowers and a pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
    Fixed it for you, I was at work and just typed fast. Sorry wasn't thinking.
    No problem. I'm glad I didn't upset you.