Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Need a full time job

    Why is it that I can own my own business but people don't care. I applied for a job the other day and they guy told me I didn't have enough managerial experience to apply for the office manager (whatever) and then said "Just so you know, we are getting about 300 resumes for the reception position" (the way he said it basically said to me that I won't be getting a call. How is it that I can own my business and people just over look that I have run the front counter and the office. ARG.

    If anyone sees a full time job (preferably more than min wage but will take min wage is I have to) please forward the info to me.

    Guess I am just venting a little since the part time job I have isn't covering our bills and we are running out of money really fast. Not sure what we are going to do.

    ETA: I am willing to travel to Sarnia or London.

  2. #2
    Expert Forum User Maddens's Momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,272
    Rep Power
    231

    Default

    I've been looking for a full time job, even at min. wage, since July and no luck.

  3. #3
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Strath-Vegas!
    Posts
    10,722
    Rep Power
    448

    Default

    Strathroy isn't the easiest place to find a full time job That being said one of the LM's here works at the veggie processing plant....maybe she could let you know if they are hiring.


    Everything I love is illegal, immoral or fattening.

  4. #4
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PancakeMom View Post
    Strathroy isn't the easiest place to find a full time job That being said one of the LM's here works at the veggie processing plant....maybe she could let you know if they are hiring.
    Well that is why I am putting this out there. Hoping to get a lead from someone. I would be great to find something in town but I am willing to travel a little too.

  5. #5
    Zoo
    Zoo is offline
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,919
    Rep Power
    836

    Default

    Have you seen Job Search Canada | one search. all jobs. Indeed Check the HR listings on The University of Western Ontario and Thames Valley District School Board too. Oh and Knighthunter.com - Career Information and Recruiting Services -- I think these are the only ones I know other than the govt ones. Oh, no, there's Charity VillageŽ Home Page too if you're interested in Non-Profit work. Good luck!


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,951
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry Wendy....*hugs* Jobs are soooo hard to find these days!

  7. #7
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Strathroy
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    They were hiring back a few months ago to replace me, as i am currently on Mat leave. I believe they are hiring in the accounting dept. However, our busy season just finished and will not be hiring now probably until May-June when the processing season starts up again. Most of the positions in the processing season are from June-Dec, however, more often than not they keep people on (if positions are available).
    However, it probably doesn't hurt to put in a resume, as we have never been busier....they hired lots of people back in Sept, it is not “full“ time, but full time hours.
    Being on Mat leave, i don't get near the information i used to get!

  8. #8
    Expert Forum User

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,294
    Rep Power
    449

    Default

    There are a couple of new nursing homes in London getting ready to open soon. I saw it on the news a couple of nights ago but I am sure where you would apply. It was hard to hear with a loud toddler!

  9. #9
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyLove View Post
    There are a couple of new nursing homes in London getting ready to open soon. I saw it on the news a couple of nights ago but I am sure where you would apply. It was hard to hear with a loud toddler!
    That is actually where I was talking about in my original post. I went to the career fair for it.

  10. #10
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    They were hiring back a few months ago to replace me, as i am currently on Mat leave. I believe they are hiring in the accounting dept. However, our busy season just finished and will not be hiring now probably until May-June when the processing season starts up again. Most of the positions in the processing season are from June-Dec, however, more often than not they keep people on (if positions are available).
    However, it probably doesn't hurt to put in a resume, as we have never been busier....they hired lots of people back in Sept, it is not “full“ time, but full time hours.
    Being on Mat leave, i don't get near the information i used to get!
    Thanks maybe I will drop one off anyway. Where do I go to drop it off?

  11. #11
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    Have you seen Job Search Canada | one search. all jobs. Indeed Check the HR listings on The University of Western Ontario and Thames Valley District School Board too. Oh and Knighthunter.com - Career Information and Recruiting Services -- I think these are the only ones I know other than the govt ones. Oh, no, there's Charity VillageŽ Home Page too if you're interested in Non-Profit work. Good luck!
    Thanks Zoo! I will check all those sites out when the kids go for their naps.

  12. #12
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,273
    Rep Power
    573

    Default

    Anyone interested in sales or agriculture?
    I might be able to help out and can check in with a local company (right in town) to see if there is anything.

  13. #13
    Expert Forum User Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    What would the sales part involve? I am not a good sales woman but it really depends on the situation. Also what would the other job be like? I am up for anything as long as it's full time so I can pay bills.

  14. #14
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,273
    Rep Power
    573

    Default

    Its all agriculture. I think (dont quote me) that the entry level stuff is selling to the farmers (fertilizers, seed...) and I know they lost a couple of sales people recently. It would probably depend on your background, but if you want to PM me what your 'specialty' is, job wise, I can ask DH whats going on in the office.

  15. #15
    Expert Forum User
    tansie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strathroy
    Posts
    9,576
    Rep Power
    528

    Default

    I saw an ad when I was out the other day. Trying to remember where it was.

    Only place I can think of that I was at, was the Wonderland and Southdale locations of Winners, Dollarama, and Michaels. But, I also walked past Bouclair and Homesense.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood


    The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do kids have to go to school full time?
    By myrrah in forum Education
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
  2. week #1 completed of full-time JK!
    By e & c's mommy in forum Education
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
  3. Job leads - 3 full time positions
    By Ginny in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
  4. If anyone is looking for full time work...
    By funkymom in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 07:19 AM
  5. why I think full time JK is a really bad idea
    By momoelliot in forum School Age
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •