Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Need a full time job

Why is it that I can own my own business but people don't care. I applied for a job the other day and they guy told me I didn't have enough managerial experience to apply for the office manager (whatever) and then said "Just so you know, we are getting about 300 resumes for the reception position" (the way he said it basically said to me that I won't be getting a call. How is it that I can own my business and people just over look that I have run the front counter and the office. ARG.

If anyone sees a full time job (preferably more than min wage but will take min wage is I have to) please forward the info to me.

Guess I am just venting a little since the part time job I have isn't covering our bills and we are running out of money really fast. Not sure what we are going to do.

ETA: I am willing to travel to Sarnia or London.

Expert Forum User Maddens's Momma's Avatar

I've been looking for a full time job, even at min. wage, since July and no luck.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar

Strathroy isn't the easiest place to find a full time job That being said one of the LM's here works at the veggie processing plant....maybe she could let you know if they are hiring.

Everything I love is illegal, immoral or fattening.

Quote Originally Posted by PancakeMom View Post
    Strathroy isn't the easiest place to find a full time job That being said one of the LM's here works at the veggie processing plant....maybe she could let you know if they are hiring.
    Well that is why I am putting this out there. Hoping to get a lead from someone. I would be great to find something in town but I am willing to travel a little too.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Have you seen Job Search Canada | one search. all jobs. Indeed Check the HR listings on The University of Western Ontario and Thames Valley District School Board too. Oh and Knighthunter.com - Career Information and Recruiting Services -- I think these are the only ones I know other than the govt ones. Oh, no, there's Charity VillageŽ Home Page too if you're interested in Non-Profit work. Good luck!

Banned

Sorry Wendy....*hugs* Jobs are soooo hard to find these days!

They were hiring back a few months ago to replace me, as i am currently on Mat leave. I believe they are hiring in the accounting dept. However, our busy season just finished and will not be hiring now probably until May-June when the processing season starts up again. Most of the positions in the processing season are from June-Dec, however, more often than not they keep people on (if positions are available).
    However, it probably doesn't hurt to put in a resume, as we have never been busier....they hired lots of people back in Sept, it is not “full“ time, but full time hours.
    Being on Mat leave, i don't get near the information i used to get!

Expert Forum User

There are a couple of new nursing homes in London getting ready to open soon. I saw it on the news a couple of nights ago but I am sure where you would apply. It was hard to hear with a loud toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLove View Post
    There are a couple of new nursing homes in London getting ready to open soon. I saw it on the news a couple of nights ago but I am sure where you would apply. It was hard to hear with a loud toddler!
    That is actually where I was talking about in my original post. I went to the career fair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    They were hiring back a few months ago to replace me, as i am currently on Mat leave. I believe they are hiring in the accounting dept. However, our busy season just finished and will not be hiring now probably until May-June when the processing season starts up again. Most of the positions in the processing season are from June-Dec, however, more often than not they keep people on (if positions are available).
    However, it probably doesn't hurt to put in a resume, as we have never been busier....they hired lots of people back in Sept, it is not “full“ time, but full time hours.
    Being on Mat leave, i don't get near the information i used to get!
    Thanks maybe I will drop one off anyway. Where do I go to drop it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    Have you seen Job Search Canada | one search. all jobs. Indeed Check the HR listings on The University of Western Ontario and Thames Valley District School Board too. Oh and Knighthunter.com - Career Information and Recruiting Services -- I think these are the only ones I know other than the govt ones. Oh, no, there's Charity VillageŽ Home Page too if you're interested in Non-Profit work. Good luck!
    Thanks Zoo! I will check all those sites out when the kids go for their naps.

Anyone interested in sales or agriculture?
    I might be able to help out and can check in with a local company (right in town) to see if there is anything.

What would the sales part involve? I am not a good sales woman but it really depends on the situation. Also what would the other job be like? I am up for anything as long as it's full time so I can pay bills.

Its all agriculture. I think (dont quote me) that the entry level stuff is selling to the farmers (fertilizers, seed...) and I know they lost a couple of sales people recently. It would probably depend on your background, but if you want to PM me what your 'specialty' is, job wise, I can ask DH whats going on in the office.

Expert Forum User

I saw an ad when I was out the other day. Trying to remember where it was.

Only place I can think of that I was at, was the Wonderland and Southdale locations of Winners, Dollarama, and Michaels. But, I also walked past Bouclair and Homesense.
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast