Poll: Where do you get your kids shoes?

Default Where do you get your kids shoes??

I know I'm way too late in shopping, but didn't really think I would have too much trouble. All I want is some good qualitly shoes.

I would do a poll if I could figure it out

Yay, figured out the poll!!
    Last edited by julia; 08-29-2007 at 02:44 PM.

I have gotten all of Kell's shoes at Kidz Feet and now that Koen is walking, he's in for a pair from there as well. They have been a wonderful help as Kellan needs extra support in his shoes.

Expert Forum User

I have always bought the high end ones for DD (spend more on hers than mine)! But this summer she has lived in crocs and flip flops. So much for the high end shoes... I think I will be paying less from now on. She still seems to be walking ok!

Expert Forum User

I always bought Cooper's at Kidz Feet or Ellen's but I'm the same way, he has spent the summer in crocs. He needs a few new pairs for the fall and I don't know what I'm going to buy.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I pretty much go to Ellen's Camryn was a toe walker so needed something really sturdy. Plus I just loved the service I got from them. Camryn has spent the summer in crocs also so she'll need a new pair of shoes for school, cant' decide what I want to get her.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

winners for us! we get great shoes, lots of name brands for good prices.
    Barbi, mommy to
    Jack and Seth

Crocs, the real ones atleast, have been WONDERFUL for Kellan. The problem he is flat footed. He needs shoes with a good arch support. Crocs have a GREAT arch support. Once he is no longer able to wear his crocs for weather reasons, he'll be back to his high end full support shoes...BORING!

mumtobelle

We have bought them from a few places...Winners, The Shoe Company, The Funky Monkey, Kidz Feet. As long as they are good quality I don't care where they come from.

Expert Forum User

I always buy Julian's shoes at Payless. He has very wide and thick feet and the wide sizes at Payless always fit him really well. And you can't beat the prices!
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

Okay, so I went shopping tonight and got shoes!! YAY!! Kidz Feet I love but it sure adds up with 2 kids and a couple pairs of shoes each! They do have amazing service. I then went to the Bay and they had very little selection but 25% off basically everything. So I got Addidas reg $49.99 25% off. The same shoes at Kidz Feet where $54.99 and not on sale. Yes, I wish I could afford to buy Ecco or Geox for them all the time, just not right now. Boys shoes are so boring as it is that I at least need to buy something cool.

I was at Winners this morning and they looked like they'd been cleared out. I often find great deals on good name brand shoes there also.

Expert Forum User

Since kids outgrow their shoes so fast (my eldest seems to destroy shoes at quite a rate!), I usually get shoes from Sears on sale. I don't worry about brand as long as they fit well and have good arch support. A lot of fashion shoes are too wide and have no arch support, which isn't good for growing feet, especially new walkers, but you don't have to spend a bundle to get good-fitting shoes.
    I just checked and our latest buys are Reebok and Nevada. The Nevada ones have a thick rubber lip at the toe so they won't wear out there!
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by thebarmybee View Post
    I have always bought the high end ones for DD (spend more on hers than mine)! But this summer she has lived in crocs and flip flops. So much for the high end shoes... I think I will be paying less from now on. She still seems to be walking ok!
    Same here! For my DS I have always made sure he had properly fitting, breathable shoes and boots, and I pay top dollar. Due to DD's shoe obsession and several hand-me-down's that are so cute, she actually has been wearing shoes this summer that are too big. What ever she fancies is what she wears. There really is no changing her mind anyways. Even when I "hide" them, she seems to scout them out and these are the shoes she MUST have!!! She was wearing her patent pleather ruby red Christmas shoes to the park for the entire first half of the summer! There are others, too many to list! Have you seen us around? lol. Long story short, I will probably continue to buy a high end shoe for the fall and Christmas season, other than that, I'll use my best judgement at Wallmart and Sears. ( I already spotted some replacement ruby reds at Wallmart for DD!)

Expert Forum User

For Natalie who has wide feet, I've had good luck(till now) with Walmart, Zellers and Payless Shoes. That being said, the only place I found running shoes to fit her when I was looking on the weekend was Globo shoes.

Expert Forum User

Kidz Feet... I love their service... and they have the cutest shoes.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

We've consistently bought Ben's shoes at Kidz Feet. I was a bit disappointed with the selection of boys' styles last year though. The only runners that they had that we liked were the same ones Ben had had the year before. Luckily, Ben was really excited about them, even though they were repeats, so that's what we ended up buying. We'll probably go back there when it comes time to buy his winter boots, but next spring when it's shoe-buying time again, we may end up shopping around to see if we can find a bit more selection.
    formerly Kathy