Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aveymom

Angry Big Wedding rant

I AM SOO FUSTRATED!!! So I took a list of all the officiants that everyone suggested and it seems that everyones price has gone up, WAY up. I decide to call back Kettle Creek and they tell me if I want the elopment package that includes the officiant I have to book it one month in advance and I may not get the location I want. Not gunna do that, I cant risk everything falling apart in a month. Then she says if I want to book an officiant for the wedding and gaurantee him for my wedding date its 375, somehow its gone up 25 in a week.
    SO I call Gail Schnarr and she says $200, but she does two prayers (which I dont want) and doesnt allow much "personalization" of the ceremony!!

GRRRRRRR, I cant believe its this hard to find someone to marry us that isnt going to cost a fortune. I know weddings are expensive, but we are not rich ppl and all I want is a nice simple service where my family can see me get married, (elopment package included 20 so it would have just been family).

I think I am going to cry and then run off to vegas, it may be cheaper then hiring a minister around here.

Oh and Justices of the Peace no longer preform civil ceremonies!!! Was I the only one who didnt know this??

Stacy
    Last edited by aveymom; 08-29-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I had to add to it

HippieMama

Have you tried Charles Scott? He was very affordable when we got married. I don't have his contact information anymore, unfortunately, but he might be in the phone book. I think Kettlecreek is a giant rip-off, personally.

aveymom

well I agree about kettle creek, and the lady on the phone was very rude and pushy. I left a message for Rev Scott. I am hoping he gets back to me soon. And that his prices havent gone up.

Expert Forum User

I hope you can get this all sorted out. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Planning our wedding was the most stressful thing EVER!

There's always the drive thru wedding on Wharncliffe if you want to elope.

aveymom

Whoo Hoo!! I just spoke with Rev Scott, and he is sooo nice!!! And under $200. I am feeling a little better now. I am going to talk to my Dh to be and set up a meeting with him.

I also have a few other ppl to call.

Any more tips are very welcome.

Stacy

Expert Forum User

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/busi...280ad&stype=si
    http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/busi...ound&pstype=si
    Not sure if you've tried these yet, my sister said she's called them and is considering one of the two. It's only going to be strickly family as well for her and she doesn't want anything fancy. Luckily for me London is the middle point for the two families, and I'm going to have to do most of hte planning, lucky me. Good Luck, If I come across any of my old planning stuff that has officiants, I'll post them for you.
    Other resources:
    http://www.ebrides.ca/
    http://www.frugalbride.com/
    http://www.canadianbride.com/
    http://weddingcanada.com/
    http://www.topweddingservices.com/

good luck
    Last edited by SweetyPi; 08-29-2007 at 10:29 AM.

You will love Rev. Scott!! I hope it works out.

Just sent you a PM about Charlie I guess you already found him LOL He is a great guy , He christened my sis forever ago. My Dad has worked with him for years! Good luck to you and believe me the stress is not worth it all in the end. It all works out and then you laugh about all the little things you stressed about!!

It's a bit disappointing about Kettle Creek. I was so pleased with them when I got married. I hope everything works out for Rev. Scott.

Here are my tips:

Do you have a budget for your wedding or are you just having it small and spending more per person? My wedding was at my parents (free) and since my sister had the ginormous wedding a few years before, I re-used all her decorations that my mom had kept.
    Have you looked for a dress yet? I got married in June and found this white "prom" dress (with floral beading) to use as my wedding gown (which my sister paid for as a Maid of Honour gift).
    As for dinner, my mom made all the food. We bought little pastries at an Italian bakery, I decorated my own cake and made my own flowers with Costco white roses.
    It was such a personalized wedding. I wouldn't change it. I went to a jeweller as a referral from a friend and because of that, for me wedding bands and he gave me a 40% discount. I used my Michael's discount coupon to save 40% off my invitations which I printed off a friend's laser copier.

Too bad I don't have the authorization to include pics in this forum. If you pm me your email, I can show you some idea of my "frugal" wedding.

We are doing ours "frugal" too simple more like. Not so much as inexpensive. We printed our own invites also and added little silver heart brads as an accent and they look great!
    Centerpieces are stressing me out right now!
    I think we need a wedding section! Especially one for the stress part of it!!
    I just found out that my hall does not include decorating anymore and I never got it in writing!!!!
    54 days and it will all be over!!!

aveymom

your hall doesnt include decorating?? So you mean, now 54 days b/f , you have to go looking for decoration? Thats crazy. I wish you luck, if yours goes smoothly it will giv eme hope!!

I did go out today and out of the blue foudn a wedding dress. We were in the mall to mail somthing. lol, and my mom dragged me in the dress store and i found the PERFECT dress, a beautiful ivory with pink beading on the bodice, for 169, no alterations needed!!!!!! It fit like a glove, and my mom paid for it , so I feel much better now, then I did earlier!!!!

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I am starting to realize this will all come together, and I jsut need to do one thing at a time and except help whenever offered.

Stacy

Expert Forum User

delegate woman. That was what got me through. Everyone had a job... from making center pieces, printing invites, getting reply cards. right down to who made my wedding dress, who made my girls dresses and who got dinner on the table. Everyone had a job. It's never going to be perfect, but settle for your best and it'll be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by waverlysmommy View Post
    I did go out today and out of the blue foudn a wedding dress. We were in the mall to mail somthing. lol, and my mom dragged me in the dress store and i found the PERFECT dress, a beautiful ivory with pink beading on the bodice, for 169, no alterations needed!!!!!! It fit like a glove, and my mom paid for it , so I feel much better now, then I did earlier!!!!
    That's what happened to me too. My sister called me up one night and said, "Let's go to the mall to get your dress". When we saw it, it was the only one and a size too small that my regular size. It also fit like a glove. It's like the wedding dress vibes called out.

A wedding forum would be good. Besides the baby stuff, weddings are a stressful yet exciting time!

Quote Originally Posted by sharmom View Post
    Centerpieces are stressing me out right now!
    Melina's Mom and Sharmom:

I have tons of wedding stuff (lots of tuelle, ivy, sqaure mirror tiles, fake flowers, pew bows....etc) sitting here in my house. You are more than welcome to borrow(only borrow, as it apperas we may have a wedding very soon the way my brother is talking) it if you wish! PM me if you are interested.
    ~LBG

aveymom

I totally agree about a wedding forum, I feel like I am highjacking the forum right now, lol!!

So I think we have settled on CHarlie Scott, very sweet man. I have Grovsenor booked for the ceremony and I am going thrusday to see the Waldorf School to hold the reception in.
    If there is any other hall anyone can think of to reccommend that I can bring my own food too (and drinks) please let me know.

Thanks so much for all the help and good luck to those of you who are also planning your wedding, who knew it was so much work!!!

Stacy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast