Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Default Winter Boots (Robeez? Joe's?)

So I'd been planning on buying the Robeez boots for DD for this winter until I saw these at RCSS:

http://www.joe.ca/ProductDetails_en....0Boot&catid=96

I've never actually felt a pair of Robeez boots before, so I have no idea how warm they are. Has anyone checked out both pairs, or have any idea if the Robeez would be that much warmer / better quality than the Joe's, which are less than half the price? Do you think it's worth the extra for the Robeez?

(I know, I'm planning way ahead. )

TIA!

the robeez are lnice... but they are leather on the bottom- I'd probably go with the Joe ones as your DD will be walkin..
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

girlsmum

Red face

We can't all afford Robeez sadly, those boots are gorgeous, those I could actually get for my girls at that price!! Thanks for the post!

Quote Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
    the robeez are lnice... but they are leather on the bottom- I'd probably go with the Joe ones as your DD will be walkin..
    Huh. I didn't really think about that, but I guess the Robeez wouldn't be as grippy on the soles? That could be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    Huh. I didn't really think about that, but I guess the Robeez wouldn't be as grippy on the soles? That could be bad.
    they are grippyish.. my DS had a pair when he was walking- they were great for the fall and I love them/still have them.. but I wouldn't have really let him out in the snow in 'em... they didn't seem waterproof enough..
    Heather.

girlsmum

Cool

Any Robeez sold in a size bigger than 24 months should be used for bowling shoes as they have no tread, Vicky loves the Spongebob knockoffs she bought her sisters but she's been a provincial bowler for 6 years now and she says the bottoms of the shoes although huge cute, have no tread on them like her bowling shoes,LOL! Yeah, definately gonna try and budget for 2 pairs of the Joe's for my little nerds!

Huh. So now I'm wondering what size I should buy... or if I should hold out until it gets colder. But then what if they don't have any left by then?

Uhh. I over-plan everything to death, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    Huh. So now I'm wondering what size I should buy... or if I should hold out until it gets colder. But then what if they don't have any left by then?

Uhh. I over-plan everything to death, I know.
    I'd get 'em soon... things like that can sell out fast
    Heather.

girlsmum

Red face

IF you can find them now, I'd get them now, they don't have them at the Loblaws that I go to, if you should happen to see a live pair, plse let me know and I'll go and get some for my nerdies. I'll buy them a good size up so that they'll fit for the season and just stuff a wool sock in the end if I have to for stability and put an extra pair of socks on the girls, I learned to never buy fitted items for Vicky for the first 12 years of her life, she didn't have growth spurts, she just kept growing continually and I couldn't buy new shoes every 3 months, that'd be my advice.
    So plse do share a location where I can find them if you wouldn't mind!! TIA

Expert Forum User

Robeez are not good for outside use. I think they're great for slippers but that's it if your LO is walking. I have the Joe's boots - in pink - for DD. She loves them. They seem warmer than the Robeez (synthetic materials and hence no breathing) and quite comfortable. I just bought a size up from what she is in now. I figured for $14 I could always buy another pair if she outgrows them. I paid over $60 for last years boots. Well see if you really do get what you pay for!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

wow those r nice boots. im going to have to look for some 4 Jon this year. are the clothe at the superstore on oxford yet??? everytime we go there the baby boys are not set up!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

girlsmum

Smile

If someone would like to share some places where they sell Joe's and what they're looking for I can ask for you as I have to do a search for those boots for the girls myself!! I don't mind calling around if people are busy?

lakewriter

Default Boots

I bought these boots for my four year old. They look super cute and are nice and furry inside. I thought they were a great buy.

BTW, whoever it was on here that started the thread on Joe's... Thank YOU! I would never have known to go to the Super centre for clothes (in Windsor... I'm actually in Windsor now but moving to ST. thomas) I got a bunch of stuff for my little one who is going into jk.

Christina

girlsmum

Smile

HaHa, Mamabear started the post about these boots, I started the organic line chat! Love their stuff all around!

Expert Forum User

I got a pair of Chocolate brown ones for DD last week at the superstore on Oxford E. I wasn't sure how appropriate they would be for winter (will they leak/get wet easily?) They were so cute I couldn't resist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast