Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sex to induce labour... (maybe TMI)

Just curious here... to induce labour with sex, I know that semen contains proglastins (sp) and those are important in stimulating labour. So, how important is it for me to have an orgasm as well? To receive optimum results should we both be orgasming at the same time?

Expert Forum User

I don't know the answer to this question, but probably tell my husband that it is of the UTMOST importance.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I dont think coming at the same time is important. I think it is just important that you do sometime because the contractions from orgasm can kick start the labour contractions.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Totally agree with PP.
    Hope your baby arrives soon and happy humping
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    I dont think coming at the same time is important. I think it is just important that you do sometime because the contractions from orgasm can kick start the labour contractions.

Yep. DOesn;t matter who goes when, as long as you both you!

Expert Forum User

There's a saying - 'what gets the baby in, gets the baby out'.

When you orgasm, and breastfeed, you produce oxytocin, the hormone that produces contractions. So... yes, but isn't that preferable anyway? Nipple stimulation can also help

But - these things only work if your body's actually ready too I think. Otherwise nobody would be able to have any sex during pregnancy, or tandem nurse.
    Mummy to two wonderful miracle boys

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Cuties View Post
    happy humping
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Expert Forum User

i would say, cover your bases and make sure you get there FIRST and then again with him *wink* then you can really make it worth your while! heh heh
    and i hate to put this in type, BUT a doctor once told one of our clients that ingesting the prostaglandin was more effective. hard to know, is this a myth the men would like us to perpetuate? or is there a grain of truth?? laughing laughing laughing
    ENJOY!
    btw, both my kids came before their due dates, and we had intercourse within 24 hours of each labour starting. i was actually a pretty horny preggo :P
    ~"Just because I have strong opinions, does not mean I judge. Do not mistake passion for judgment. For you might find you are the one doing the judging". ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hinagal View Post
    i would say, cover your bases and make sure you get there FIRST and then again with him *wink* then you can really make it worth your while! heh heh
    and i hate to put this in type, BUT a doctor once told one of our clients that ingesting the prostaglandin was more effective. hard to know, is this a myth the men would like us to perpetuate? or is there a grain of truth?? laughing laughing laughing
    ENJOY!
    btw, both my kids came before their due dates, and we had intercourse within 24 hours of each labour starting. i was actually a pretty horny preggo :P
    LOL!! Me too- I'm so horny preggo! At least this time DH is into it- with DD he was a little weirded out about all the sex I wanted towards the end of pregnancy- since it was our first pregnancy, he was afraid he'd hurt the baby... this time around let's just say that he's really into it. Ingesting the prostaglandin eh? I have purposely NOT being doing that, but maybe I'll switch it up! Hehe, DH will be happy today!

Quote Originally Posted by dashenka View Post
    There's a saying - 'what gets the baby in, gets the baby out'.

When you orgasm, and breastfeed, you produce oxytocin, the hormone that produces contractions. So... yes, but isn't that preferable anyway? Nipple stimulation can also help

But - these things only work if your body's actually ready too I think. Otherwise nobody would be able to have any sex during pregnancy, or tandem nurse.
    Ha- I like that saying! Nipple stimulation is one thing right now that I'm not into... they are so sensitive, and I really don't want anyone touching them! If I get closer to my due date and nothing is happening then I'll consider it. I agree- your body definitely has to be ready for labour or it won't happen as soon as you'd like it to! For the past week I have been feeling like my body is really preparing itself- lots of BH, and I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable... sex is helping, though, it's helping me relax! Plus, I figure we better get in all the sex we can now since after baby arrives it won't be nearly as frequent as it currently is!

My midwife suggested sex, orgasm, and nipple stimulation, but not until I went about 5 days overdue. So, we did all three, and baby was born less than 12 hours later. Good luck!!!

hmm 10:08 was Poufey's last post....interesting.. O Poufey??? are you *ahem* busy.. or in labour???

Expert Forum User

Sex worked for me 2/5 times . An orgasm is a must for Mama, but not at the same time as DP. Personally it brought on wicked contrax and I coaxed those along with a long waddle afterwards.
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas

Expert Forum User

I heard '3 in 3'...so have sex 3 times a day for 3 days and then the labour should start. My friend swears by it.
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

like everyone else said you have to do it at the same time just both have to get there lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast