Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I would check with CAS regarding the bed situation. I'm thinking that they can remove children from a situation if there is not adequate sleeping arrangements for them.

  2. #17
    Expert Forum User foximamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,564
    Rep Power
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinsplus1 View Post
    I would check with CAS regarding the bed situation. I'm thinking that they can remove children from a situation if there is not adequate sleeping arrangements for them.
    wow - don't you see anything wrong with this?

    remove a child from their parent because he doesn't have his OWN bed?
    He has a bed he's sleeping on - not like they're making him sleep on a tile floor or something.

    wow.. I just hope that you don't think that that warrants a child being removed and not seeing a parent!



  3. #18
    Senior Member momof3cuteboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    what is ODSP gonna do? you don't know he is not being honest about his moves etc all him getting cut off is gonna do is hurt your kids when they are there.
    How is it fair that he is on ODSP for probs that he doesn't even have ? And then is not following the “rules“ of it, ie: marital status, address change ? So he'll be gettin his 1000$ a month and either be payin next to nothing or nothing for rent and grocerys, and he'll be able to blow that money that the taxpayers pay for ? Then tell me he's got no money to take the kid for a haircut.
    Theres how many ppl out there that would actually benefit from being accepted to ODSP, but get refused numerous times, and then you get someone like him, who screws the system sayin he's got a injury that if he really had he wouldn't be able to do half the things he does.






  4. #19
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!
    Happily Ever After's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northwest London
    Posts
    13,651
    Rep Power
    1271

    Default

    I am sorry but now it sounds like all you care about is hurting your ex and/or getting back/even with him?!?!? What does his ODSP have anything to do with the orignal question you posed?!? So are you concerned about your child or just out to get back at the ex? Cause the way your posts are starting to go...... losing sympathy from me.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

  5. #20
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    sittingpretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,510
    Rep Power
    1096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momof3cuteboys View Post
    How is it fair that he is on ODSP for probs that he doesn't even have ? And then is not following the “rules“ of it, ie: marital status, address change ? So he'll be gettin his 1000$ a month and either be payin next to nothing or nothing for rent and grocerys, and he'll be able to blow that money that the taxpayers pay for ? Then tell me he's got no money to take the kid for a haircut.
    Theres how many ppl out there that would actually benefit from being accepted to ODSP, but get refused numerous times, and then you get someone like him, who screws the system sayin he's got a injury that if he really had he wouldn't be able to do half the things he does.
    1) you dont know he does not have back issues

    2) you dont know he is not telling them he has moved as for martial status he is not marrying them we are ALLOWED to live with for up to 3 3 months before we need to report that

    3) if you want to be nit picky about it legally his role is to visit and thats it not pay for or take the kids for hair cuts

    Im just saying unless you have proof of everything you claim leave it be yeah it sucks to watch people scam ODSP or OW (I am on ODSP myself) but unless you have 100% proof there is nothing that can be done

  6. #21
    Senior Member momof3cuteboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    1) you dont know he does not have back issues

    2) you dont know he is not telling them he has moved as for martial status he is not marrying them we are ALLOWED to live with for up to 3 3 months before we need to report that

    3) if you want to be nit picky about it legally his role is to visit and thats it not pay for or take the kids for hair cuts

    Im just saying unless you have proof of everything you claim leave it be yeah it sucks to watch people scam ODSP or OW (I am on ODSP myself) but unless you have 100% proof there is nothing that can be done
    Well I'm just sayin that if he does have back probs why can he ride a dirt bike/quad ? But can't work ?
    I'm sayin I should call ODSP to see if he has informed them.






  7. #22
    Senior Member momof3cuteboys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    I am sorry but now it sounds like all you care about is hurting your ex and/or getting back/even with him?!?!? What does his ODSP have anything to do with the orignal question you posed?!? So are you concerned about your child or just out to get back at the ex? Cause the way your posts are starting to go...... losing sympathy from me.
    I guess in all honesty yes I am wanting him to hurt as much pain and hurt he has caused me, which I am sorry for starting to go on about. But I have all this hurt and anger bottled up inside of me from what he has done to me, and never had anyone to talk to about it or get counselling about it (just to be able to let it out), so sometimes it just becomes overwhelming when things happen with him.
    From the OP I was just venting about DS not having steady, constent life with him, yk.
    Sorry for going off track here.






  8. #23
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!
    sittingpretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,510
    Rep Power
    1096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momof3cuteboys View Post
    Well I'm just sayin that if he does have back probs why can he ride a dirt bike/quad ? But can't work ?
    I'm sayin I should call ODSP to see if he has informed them.
    ok ODSP can not legally tell you anyways so it will not get you anywhere

    so if someone has back issues they should be holed up at home doing nothing? they can not have days where they feel up to doing something or force them seleves to? sorry but your not a doctor you have NO right to question his medical issues and any decent judge will tell you that. MY ex pulled that stunt on me and every judge made a fool of him i court for it.

    I guess in all honesty yes I am wanting him to hurt as much pain and hurt he has caused me, which I am sorry for starting to go on about. But I have all this hurt and anger bottled up inside of me from what he has done to me, and never had anyone to talk to about it or get counselling about it (just to be able to let it out), so sometimes it just becomes overwhelming when things happen with him.
    From the OP I was just venting about DS not having steady, constent life with him, yk.
    Sorry for going off track here
    as much as you want consistency for your child you need to realize wanting to hurt your ex in the long run will only hurt your kid and your child has done nothing to deserve that.

    write your feelings out in a journal get a counsellor anything but you do need to realize and accept that your child is still better off having a dad who wants to see him doesnt beat and does what he feels is his best is better than holding a crying child who doesnt have a dad trust me on that one

  9. #24
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!
    Happily Ever After's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northwest London
    Posts
    13,651
    Rep Power
    1271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momof3cuteboys View Post
    I guess in all honesty yes I am wanting him to hurt as much pain and hurt he has caused me, which I am sorry for starting to go on about. But I have all this hurt and anger bottled up inside of me from what he has done to me, and never had anyone to talk to about it or get counselling about it (just to be able to let it out), so sometimes it just becomes overwhelming when things happen with him.
    From the OP I was just venting about DS not having steady, constent life with him, yk.
    Sorry for going off track here.
    No apologies needed my dear.. tis your thread. LOL
    I totally get needing to vent and talk about things..... I was just saying that I thought the two were 100% not related.
    I hope that you do get things worked out that helps things heal so that you both can be the parents you want for your LO.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foximamma View Post
    wow - don't you see anything wrong with this?

    remove a child from their parent because he doesn't have his OWN bed?
    He has a bed he's sleeping on - not like they're making him sleep on a tile floor or something.

    wow.. I just hope that you don't think that that warrants a child being removed and not seeing a parent!

    I do feel each child should have their own bed, at the minimum. But what difference does it make what I feel? I suggested she check with CAS to see what is legal, not what is my opinion.

  11. #26
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!
    Happily Ever After's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northwest London
    Posts
    13,651
    Rep Power
    1271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinsplus1 View Post
    I do feel each child should have their own bed, at the minimum. But what difference does it make what I feel? I suggested she check with CAS to see what is legal, not what is my opinion.
    Well... for one thing... for those mamas on here who have children who have to share a bed.... it certainly would bother them to think that someone might call CAS on them because their kids were (gasp!) sharing a bed.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

  12. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,951
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OP: Its tough. If you need to vent PM me.

  13. #28
    Expert Forum User foximamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,564
    Rep Power
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinsplus1 View Post
    I do feel each child should have their own bed, at the minimum. But what difference does it make what I feel? I suggested she check with CAS to see what is legal, not what is my opinion.
    you're right, it is good that it's left up to CAS - and that they wouldn't care as they have ACTUAL neglect cases to deal with.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •