Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default She doesn't like me anymore :(

I thought starting day care was suppose to cause separation anxiety in the child NOT the mama?!?!
    DD had her first full day of day care today and we decided that DH would drop her off and pick her up as she seems to do handle it better if I am not the one dropping her off. Great news - she LOVED it. Looks like all of our slow weaning in really paid off as she was there all day without a single problem and even napped during nap time etc. YEAH!
    I was so excited though to see her tonight when she got home... but ..... I am the LAST person she wants to be with. She doesn't want me to hold her, chase her, play with her, cuddle her, feed her, pick her up etc..... she either wants to play with Daddy OR she just play by herself. I will get down and try to play with her and she just ignores me.
    I know this all sounds silly.... stages and yada yada..... like DH says.. she is like this with him lots, but NEVER me.

I use to always say that I loved that she loved me but sometimes wish that she loved me less (she was very much a mommy cling on). I TAKE THAT BACK!!!! I know it is just one night... but I was so looking forward to this evening to be with her...... I am sad.

Silly. I know.

On the bright side... she will do great when I go back to work.

Did you other mamas get separation anxiety? I am already dreading shippping her off tomorrow!
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm sure that would be difficult on you
    I'm sure you'll both find your grooves with time and be equally happy to see each other at the end of the day
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Aww, it's not silly at all. She's probably just trying to adjust, however she can. She still loves you, don't worry! It will get easier

Expert Forum User

i had more separation anxiety than my son did when i went back to work. it never fully went away but it got easier.

and she's still just as attached to you....not to worry they just like to play our heartstrings like that i still feel that way sometimes if DS goes to DH before me for something...lol
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User

ahhh that must be hard its not silly at all....my Little guy is going threw a stage right now that when we are with grandma he only wants her and not me!

Awww... BTDT... Know how it is!! **Hugs**
    It does suck! DS did that when I went back to work and he stayed home with daddy... He was sooo mad at me for leaving him! He ignored me too...wanted NOTHING to do with me!! Poor Fella...
    They eventually get over it though!!! They realize they still need mama!
    But like I said, it still sucks BIG TIME and of course you feel bad, but it happens to lots of us!!

I anticipate having this issue soon too... **hugs**!!
    Sorry you are feeling unloved.. or loved less... I'm sure things will get better.. hang in there!!

"The past is history, the future a mystery but today is a gift. That's why they call it the present."

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Thanks ladies.... I cheated a little today and went and picked her up from day care before Daddy was done work. LOL That way I got the hugs and inital big smile! He will get that all the time so I wanted to get in what I could. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is going through this.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Awwww...Thats great! I am glad she's enjoying day care so much!