Smile Less then 2 wks to go

Ugh, the count-down starts...LOL

13 days and counting!! Until school

Its been a very long 7 weeks...lol

Very much looking forward to a little peace.

Anyone else looking forward to back to school...

For me this year I have 3 in Full Time
    Mom of 2 and 2

Expert Forum User

OOOOoooohhh! I can't wait!!! I can't wait!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!
    More time to go to playgroups and parks and enjoy my soon-to-be 3 yr old!!! YAY!!!!!

Expert Forum User

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
    I start humming that when I walk into a store and see all the school supplies appearing.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I start humming that when I walk into a store and see all the school supplies appearing.
    Too funny!! My oldest is very excited and is counting down the days. My second oldest starts JK and is very excited to be getting on the big yellow school bus! And I'm excited for them and me, but it does mean that I have to go back to work
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Hmmm..I am the oddball here. I actually dread school starting. My youngest will start JK at Emily Carr so that means that my house will feel empty without her around.

I love having my kids home with me all the time. They are lucky I actually 'let' them go to school! hehehehe. In my perfect world, I would home school and we would never be apart. But, I also realize that I have issues with cutting the apron strings so school is great for them to experience more than just 'mom' time.

I will still have my dckids around but most of them are in JK also so my house is going to be unusually quite very soon. Kinda makes me sad.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I despise mornings, and I hate getting up to walk them to school. It doesn't help that I have one in full days, and one in half days (walk to school, walk one home... lunch, walk that one to school, come home... wait... walk back, pick both up from school, walk home). There's no time in there to really get anything done. I can't wait for full days for both (a car would help too... in the rain and snow). I like summer.

girlsmum

Red face

I have my little nerds who are nice and young but I also have a nervous daughter who is going into high school this year at Laurier and it's NOT like going into JK, it's tough being the junior in high school, anyone remember that year for yourselves? I do........so I'm trying to be as supportive as I can. Recess is over, she knows she has 4 years to get herself a direction for sure, I'll have her educational fund all ready for her further education, this she knows, so the pressure is on for her. She's enjoyed being with her sisters, it's rare that she shows off her twin sisters to her schoolmates with pride whereas others would want them to stay home. Mixed emotions here, I hope it's a lesson for me to enjoy my nerdies while I can. If it's too sad to let them go, I now know I can homeschool for a couple of years, but whenever they do go, I'll be on every committee at school so I'll never be far which will be fun!

Expert Forum User

Default school

I can't wait for school to be back in, I am dreading hockey season though!! Plus once kids are back in school, then I only have 2 weeks till I leave for Cuba!!

Expert Forum User

My youngest is off the grade 9 this year and also very nervous about it. I've been out of school for many years, but I can remember the first day of high school all too well. The next 4 years go very fast and they change (mature?) so much (this from experiencing of her older brothers). Its fun to have the JrK & SrK's come home with exciting news about what happen at school and all excited. I still get to enjoy this through the daycare kids. In high school, I find what they are learning to be way more intense than when I went and the pressure to be that much more too. And thier moods change from day to day (if not moment to moment!). Yep, lets get this year started....

Expert Forum User

I thought my 8 y/o would be looking forward to going back to school this year since he actually gets to go back to the same school instead of having to start at a new one again (poor thing has been to 3 schools in the last 2 years!) but instead the mention of school makes him grouchy.
    Neither he nor I are morning people so perhaps that is what we are both dreading. I plan on letting him ride his bike to school this year and will suprise him with a bike lock right before the first day...hopefully that will pick up his spirits (and mine since I won't have to take him - on nice days anyway).

But it will be nice to be able to spend some one-on-one time with my lo again, and not have to listen to "Aw...do we have to go shopping again???" from the older one.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.