Thread: DFC today!!!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default DFC today!!!

Alright ladies... please send some positive vibes to DD today.
    We have our Developmental Clinic today... and she has been working REALLY REALLY hard on her exercises etc and seems to be coming up that curve. Heres to hoping that they will be pleasently surprised for once. And to hoping that we finally get some answers regarding her eating!
    Let's hope she knocks their socks off!!
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Remember take everything with a grain of salt. They are only seeing her for an hour, it's a snap shot of her everyday life. If she doesn't do everything that they want, it's ok. Ryan would never fully cooperate. Good Luck with getting the answers you need about her feedings.

Thanks for the reminder. You are so right. I will be honest and say that I often leave there feeling quite discouraged since they always seem to have more negative to add while I am working so hard with her.
    When I come back today, I will come back and read your post as another reminder.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User

Good luck to your DD!! I bet she will do great , HEA

I agree with Joanna completely---just take it with a grain of salt. I remember a few times feeling SO excited to go to the appt b/c I was so proud of DS and how well he was doing. But they often found *something* that was a bit behind. And I think I felt a bit disappointed because I felt that they didn't think he was doing as well as *I* thought he was

DS often didn't fully perform for those appts....and it seemed that every time they pointed out something that he was behind on, he ended up doing it very shortly after the appt.

The other thing: They're looking at everything so closely---that doesn't happen with full-term kids. But I would bet money that if they did the same assessments with full-term kids, there would be plenty who were a bit off the norms. There is such a HUGE range.....The assessments are so helpful for keeping things on the radar with our preemies and making sure they stay on track. BUT at this age, to assess on any given week is only accurate for that week because they make gains so quickly.

Let us know how it goes !
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Alright.. we are back! It went quite well... she has dropped lower in the charts on weight, height and development BUT she is still doing really well and was sick for quite some time which would explain some of it. They were happy with crawling and only seemed concerned about eating and low muscel tone. This can cause some further delays in walking etc.. but even in full term kids this could be the case.... could just be her makeup. In terms of eating, it was just a keep plugging away. We are hoping to try to introduce milk soon so fingers crossed.
    Thanks again ladies. I really appreciate it. I often have to remind myself to take a step back. I always feel like they are telling me I am not doing enough you know? Even though I know 100% this is not the case and they are being uber supportive and helpful. It is all internal.

Expert Forum User

Glad it went well. Sounds like she (and you as a mom!) are doing great!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

glad it went well!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.