Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    aveymom

Default where to buy hair clips ??

HI, I was wonderring where everyone buys cute hair things for a toddler. Waverly has very thin hair and I cant seem to find anything that will hold it back from her face. I see other babies with clips and stuff that seem to work but have no idea where to buy these. Any shopping tips would be great, thanks,

Stacy

Banned

I got plastic clips (made by Goody) from Shoppers Drug Mart - they are the only thing that has stayed in DDs very fine hair!

These are awesome clips!! Check the ad out here:

http://www.topparentingsites.com/viewtopic.php?t=93

aveymom

Thanks, you ladies are very helpful, I am going to order some of those clips if I have no luck at shoppers, (I have never even thought to look there).

Thanks again, Stacy

mumtobelle

I have seen something called No Slippy Clippy's, or something to that nature, at the Cheeky Monkey. Expensive though...$9 a clip I think.

I use those little metal clips that snap shut and got them at RCSS. Seem to work well. My daughter has fine curly hair.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    I got plastic clips (made by Goody) from Shoppers Drug Mart - they are the only thing that has stayed in DDs very fine hair!
    My dd has these also (can also get at Walmart) and these worked great on her hair as it was very fine when she was smaller.
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Expert Forum User

I love, love, love the Gymboree barettes. They are the only thing that stays in DD's hair. I have tried some of the other ones mentioned here with no luck. I also like those super-small clear elastics. They work great and do not pull the hair.

And Gymboree clips are on sale this week! I saw some for cheap like 1.99!!

you can also get tiny little clear elastics (don't panic, they don't stick in their hair) at the dollar store (dollarramma...now I know I didn't spell that right..lol)

If you are ever in the huron/highbury area there is a store names Talize they have a wall full of "goody" hair products and they have lots lots lots of the small clips.

My 2yr old has fine hair and the above worked for her. We like the clear elastics (800 in a pack for a dollar)...then you can add the bows etc. 'cause there is something for it to grab on to.
    Mom of 2 and 2

Dollarama and Dollar Giant have some great clips and tiny elastics for little ones hair.

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom View Post
    These are awesome clips!! Check the ad out here:

http://www.topparentingsites.com/viewtopic.php?t=93

So, I ended up ordering some of these tonight. I tried to hold myself back but still ended up with 7. They look so cute and here's hoping that they actually stay put. I love how she can custom make them in two colours. She also makes another style that you can put on babies that have almost no hair.

Quote Originally Posted by mumtobelle View Post
    So, I ended up ordering some of these tonight. I tried to hold myself back but still ended up with 7. They look so cute and here's hoping that they actually stay put. I love how she can custom make them in two colours. She also makes another style that you can put on babies that have almost no hair.
    omg these are cute...

I can't wait till my girls have enough hair to hold a clip LOL
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Actually bikruca, she does have some that will stay in your girls' hair!! They are the snap clip ones.
    There's a picture near the bottom of a baby with almost no hair wearing a bow!!

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom View Post
    Actually bikruca, she does have some that will stay in your girls' hair!! They are the snap clip ones.
    There's a picture near the bottom of a baby with almost no hair wearing a bow!!
    yeah I think the bow with no hair look is a bit nutty though.. like... what's the point? LOL

at work we have these magnetic ones that are pretty cute and not too expensive... hopefully in a couple of months they'll work.
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

True...I guess it's probably more to be able to tell the difference between baby boys and girls!! I have a little boy so it's not like I have experience of buying for girls! Maybe someday.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast