Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default My front door was wide open

I just came downstairs after showering and tidying up and stuff. Front door was wide open. Who knows how long it was like that. I know it was just from the wind, but I feel totally spooked, LOL. I need to get laundry from the basement and I'm scared to go down there!

This has happened before...and it's a bit strange because we have just the one door (not a screen door as well), and it's not like you wouldn't notice if you didn't shut it all the way, y'know?
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

This used to happen at our old house all the time. Ds once came home from school and ran right back out to a friend's house. When I came home, the door was wide open and had been for over an hour. Luckily, nobody was waiting for me! Gah.

I also remember one time feeding dd. She pooped on me, I decided to finish feeding her, took my shirt off and sat there topless. The door blew open. nice.
    mama to 3

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by le cupcake View Post
    I also remember one time feeding dd. She pooped on me, I decided to finish feeding her, took my shirt off and sat there topless. The door blew open. nice.

LMAO!!!

okay, so there's no boogieman in the basement, right??
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Banned

ohhh that would creep me out... eeakks

I bet is was chilly

Expert Forum User

That would freak me out too! Let's hope there's nothing in the basement waiting for you.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

that is freaky!! My guess is it's super windy today and possibley it wasn't latched tight and thats it was open! Feeling safer now
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

That happened last year to us- DH left for work around 5 am, and must not have closed the door all the way... the wind blew it open. Around 8:30 I wake up to our neighbor calling me (didn't know it was a neighbor, just was thinking, umm- there is a stranger downstairs, in my house- i was freaking out!) Luckily, the dog sleeps in our room, and I always have the bedroom doors close- otherwise our dog would have been out in a blizzard!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I would have been running out the front door (if dh wasn't home) and getting a neighbour to walk through with me ot make sure no one was in my house. Eek.

I know ours sometimes pops open because in this cold, the locks do not work right. My only consolation when scared is that I know that it's VERY hard to open either of the doors actually attached to the outside of the house. In case of fire I figure we'll smash a window cos the doors are not easy to open. So I figure someone will have to kick them in to get in now that it's finally truly cold here, so I'm a bit less scared at nights.Except the other night

If my door to my house (and not just the sunporch) was open I would P A N I C.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Banned

Yikes - the wind is pretty bad. I would be scared too lol

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Would have scared me too! When I'm spooked I normally get on the phone with someone. Not sure why that makes me more comfortable...
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Haha! When I get spooked I refuse to go downstairs and do laundry too.

Creepy!

Expert Forum User

It's the wind, it's crazy out there. Our back door opened yesterday too. I always lock doors because then they wont open.

this happened to us yesterday..my neighbor came home from shopping while we were at work and found our front door wide open..who knows how long it was open, i left for work at 8am and she shut it at 4:45!!! i let my son shut it yesterday as i was in a hurry, guess it wasn't shut tight and with the wind it blew open. Our floors were freezing when i got home...so have no idea how long!!
    it is scary, especially for you when you were in house!!...probally just the wind though!

omg, that happened to us yesterday! we have an alarm system and I set it before I left and shut the door. put baby in car, must have forgot to go back and lock the door. so it blew open later and the alarm went off! dh got the alert and tried calling me but my cell was dead so he came home from work quickly to check it out and search the house, luckily it was just the wind!

Expert Forum User

Dh FORGOT to close the door one day last year (around this time) when he left for work. That was at 8 am. I came home around 5 to find the door wide open, with just the screen door closed. I freaked, thinking we had been robbed. Got my neighbour to come over and search the house for me. The absolute worst part was that I hadn't cleaned in ages. I had to go room to room with him, explaining no, burglars DID NOT do that, it was like that when we left that morning. Soooo embarrassing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast