Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Help me out, Christian mamas

I need some help. Our church has a student intern right now and I'm on the supervision committee. Right now I'm writing up his mid-term evaluation and one of the questions we have to address is this:

"3.What spiritual image or biblical character best describes the internship experience for you? Please explain your choice."

So...um. Help?

We're a team of 7 individuals, ranging in age from 1 youth, 1 young adult (moi), 1 in her 40s, 1 in 50s, 2 in 60s, and 1 in 70s. So fairly diverse age-wise. The internship is working out fine, no major issues or anything. The intern himself is in his 40s, married, 2 kids, etc.

Sigh. I'm tired and want to go to bed but I have to get this done. People haven't gotten back to me with their responses and it's basically all falling on my shoulders. Grr.

So yeah. I have no idea what to write. Halp!

John. Just make some general statements. There are enough John's in the bible that it'll apply to one of them.

OK, seriously, go with John the Baptist if he's good. Then you can ramble a bit about how he promotes Jesus and God and recognizes the trinity (I almost wrote trilogy! LMAO!) in life, leads people to the church, takes time out of his own life to do this... Good enough? What does the intern do?

Zoo

PM ESC!!!

Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    John. Just make some general statements. There are enough John's in the bible that it'll apply to one of them.

OK, seriously, go with John the Baptist if he's good. Then you can ramble a bit about how he promotes Jesus and God and recognizes the trinity (I almost wrote trilogy! LMAO!) in life, leads people to the church, takes time out of his own life to do this... Good enough? What does the intern do?
    Why do I have an image of the poor intern's head on a platter?

Banned

That sounds great

That kind of question is pretty popular in Church Evaluations these days, I think.

Other ideas (perhaps a bit late for this)

Moses, leading through the wilderness. Or Moses, just starting to accept his call. If he's good wiith kids; jesus with the little children. If he's really gentle; Psalm 23....

I'm glad you're able to participate in the eval., I'm sure it's much appreciated.

What does he do? Ummm...learns to be a minister? LOL. He leads worship sometimes, participating in various ways - sometimes he's presiding, sometimes he's preaching, sometimes just leading prayer. He performed a funeral and also participated in a wedding. We had communion a couple weeks ago (United, so we don't have communion each week) and he participated in that with our minister. He does some pastoral care (hospital and home visits), he does some work with the youth eg. youth retreat, and so on. A bit of everything, I guess. John the Baptist might work...although he's not quite as inspirational . Moses might be a better choice...ack, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by rootedngrounded View Post
    That kind of question is pretty popular in Church Evaluations these days, I think.

Other ideas (perhaps a bit late for this)

Moses, leading through the wilderness. Or Moses, just starting to accept his call. If he's good wiith kids; jesus with the little children. If he's really gentle; Psalm 23....

I'm glad you're able to participate in the eval., I'm sure it's much appreciated.
    Moses accepting his call might work.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

How did it go, Geo? I'm so sorry I'm only seeing this now!

Oh no worries, we still haven't decided hah.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

So you are answering this questionnaire? Or you are making this questionnaire for him?

No it's a standard evaluation form given by the United Church of Canada. It's a mid-term evaluation for a student intern.