Thread: Scrabble tiles?

Default Scrabble tiles?

Anyone know where I can buy some small wooden pieces about the size of scrabble tiles? I can file them if they're not smooth...

Even better, does anyone have an old scrabble game (doesn't matter if it's missing pieces) I could buy from them to use the tiles for a craft my girls and I are making?

Thanks!

Maybe a place like Corner furniture would have some to sell you. Have you tried Micheals?

Quote Originally Posted by Bresmama View Post
    Maybe a place like Corner furniture would have some to sell you. Have you tried Micheals?
    Thanks! My sister looked at Micheals for me yesterday, didn't find what we needed.... where is Corner Furniture located? I wonder if they're open today?

Expert Forum User

They had some scrabble game at... Sears I think... the pieces were in a little bag... you could use those maybe if you can find it, dont know how much it cost though

Quote Originally Posted by Agata View Post
    They had some scrabble game at... Sears I think... the pieces were in a little bag... you could use those maybe if you can find it, don't know how much it cost though
    Thanks!

This is what we're making... I made these last night but we're hoping to make more today. When they're done some will be magnets and some will be little necklaces for my girls to give to their friends as Christmas presents. I don't want to spend too much if I can find a used game but I'll check out the price at Sears!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Those are really cool!!! What an awesome idea!! If you can't find used I'd look at walmart before gettig the game a sears. It would likely be cheaper!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

it wasn't the actual scrabble game, it was like a kids version in a bag. Maybe you can find a cheap one on kijiji? I know we used an old version before I got us a deluxe so I will take a look around here incase we have an old one laying around

would small white tiles work? You could buy the ones in sheets and rip them off??? Just a thought. Those are so darn cute!

I would post an ad on Kijiji in the Arts and Crafts Section, asking pple if they have old scrabble tiles to get rid of... Might be worth a try.
    Also, Im sure they sell the replacement tiles somewhere too... Might be more expensive than you were looking for tho?
    Scrabble Tile Necklaces/Pendants are all the rage on Etsy right now...

I am sure I saw small wooden tiles at Michael's. They came in a bag. I could be remembering wrong, but I am sure they had the alphabet on them like a Scrabble tile.
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

Expert Forum User

Those look pretty cool.

Try second hand stores.

Scrabble tiles are a hot iem as scrapbookers use them. They are often listed on ebay but can be pricey!
    moving sucks

Thanks ladies! I didn't realize they were used for scrapbooking too... I'll check Michaels again, maybe they'd be in the scrapbooking section.