Expert Forum User

Default are there any spinners on here?

I started learning how to use a drop spindle before we moved here, and unfortunatly the spindle is in storage and I was wondering if anyone knew a place to buy a new one here in London, also if there was any places that sold roving as well? I know you can buy crap loads on etsy and such, but I really like to buy local when I can. I have a bag full of alpaca roving sitting here, just waiting... looking so fluffy and warm LOL

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

Expert Forum User

Did you try the knitting store on Hyde Park in behind the Scrapbook store (across from Walmart)? Or there's the place on Oxford, west of Richmond. They're both specialty knitting stores.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinsmom View Post
    Did you try the knitting store on Hyde Park in behind the Scrapbook store (across from Walmart)? Or there's the place on Oxford, west of Richmond. They're both specialty knitting stores.
    I am dying to check out the one on Hyde Park, I have to wait for the strike to be over. I didnt know that there was one on Oxford, We live on Oxford. Do you remember the name of it?

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

Expert Forum User

Ask in the knitting thread. Coryzalia or Colleen would probably know.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

I'm in the same boat - I got as far as buying a drop spindle and a bag of fibre. That was two years ago. : )

Both yarn shops in London (mentioned above - London Yarns and Needles & Pins) are great stores, but for spinning, I would recommend visiting Joan at The Little Red Mitten in St. Thomas. She gives private lessons for $20 an hour I think. And she is super sweet and LOVES to spin. She has an amazing selection of spindles and wheels and bags of fibre! I should take my own advice and go pop in at some point. Here's the website - .: Little Red Mitten :.

Good luck!
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Crunchy View Post
    I am dying to check out the one on Hyde Park, I have to wait for the strike to be over. I didnt know that there was one on Oxford, We live on Oxford. Do you remember the name of it?

The one on Oxford is called Needles & Pins - the website is Needles & Pins Inc. Home .

The Little Red Mitten in St. Thomas has a Friday night drop-in knitting group. I sometimes go if I have the car. I don't mind taking you if you want to talk to Joan about spinning. That being said, it might not be until the new year.
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

London has a Weavers and Spinners Guild, I bet someone there could answer your questions. I have a couple of looms I've been meaning to learn how to use so I had this site saved in my bookmarks.

London District Weavers and Spinners Guild

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by corazenia View Post
    The one on Oxford is called Needles & Pins - the website is Needles & Pins Inc. Home .

The Little Red Mitten in St. Thomas has a Friday night drop-in knitting group. I sometimes go if I have the car. I don't mind taking you if you want to talk to Joan about spinning. That being said, it might not be until the new year.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by whirlygirl View Post
    London has a Weavers and Spinners Guild, I bet someone there could answer your questions. I have a couple of looms I've been meaning to learn how to use so I had this site saved in my bookmarks.

London District Weavers and Spinners Guild
    Thanks so much!