Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice Please

Default Advice Please

Hi,
    I orginally believed that I was about 9 weeks 6 days, today. I had an ultrasound yesterday, and it showed I was only 7 weeks 3 days...however 2 healthy heartbeats??? This is impossible...I keep track of my cycles...there is no way I can only be 7 weeks. Plus I found out more than 1 month ago I was pregnant. I'm freaking out, but haven't heard anything from my midwife or ultrasound lab. I'm a worry wort to begin with, and I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about this. I should also mention, I went pee twice before the ultrasound because I couldn't hold it, and she said it was hard to see. But like I said , no one has told us that there is a problem. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Expert Forum User

It was a dating u/s done on the external part of your tummy? I had an internal u/s done for my dating u/s so I didn't need to have a full bladder. I am thinking the internal u/s is more accurate that early on. Seeing a heart beat is great news! I would call your midwife and inquire but I know they can be slow to send results back.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

is it 9 weeks since last period, 7 weeks gestation maybe? And are you saying it's twins? (2 healthy heartbeats?)

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
    is it 9 weeks since last period, 7 weeks gestation maybe? And are you saying it's twins? (2 healthy heartbeats?)
    I am thinking the same. Twins - that would be exciting!

Yes twins...it was an external ultrasound. My last menstraul date was in Sept. So if I do that, it says I'm June 28th, well they are saying July 13th...just doesn't add up. So if you see heartbeats, but different age??? I mean do you have to worry. I'm waiting to hear back from my midwife...but every minute feels like FOREVER!!

Banned

hmmm I wonder if because it is 2 that they are a bit smaller? I have no idea.. But congrats on the heartbeats

Going by menstrual date alone for dating isn't necessarily accurate. Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you get some solid answers very soon

Quote Originally Posted by amyunicorn View Post
    Going by menstrual date alone for dating isn't necessarily accurate. Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you get some solid answers very soon
    Yeah, maybe you ovulated later than the middle of your cycle?

Hmmm... hope it's nothing to worry about. Maybe you ovulated a week or so later than you thought and the babes are measuring a week smaller due to being twins? I have no idea but crossing my fingers that your midwife is able to reassure you soon.

Expert Forum User

From what I remember, dating isn't an exact science. At my first u/s with my first-born, I remember I was told I was due early July, but at a later u/s I was told my due date was two weeks later, and he ended up not showing up until July 24th! And I think pp is right, too...I don't think ovulation is always completely regular either. I don't see any reason to panic (other than the fact that you are having two babies, lol). Congratulations!!!
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

Thanks you guys!!! I spoke to the midwife, you are all right...no reason for concern. I'm your classic over-reactor! Apparently ultrasounds can be off by 1 week to start off with, and you don't always ovulate at the same time. She said its more concern at the 20 week ultrasound if the baby isn't growing like it should. So here is hoping everything turns out fine Thanks again

2 heartbeats! Besides being worried about the difference in date, did that shock you? Congrats!
    Three busy boys and one lovely little lady!

Zoo

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, on the reports they always put the gestational age that they think it is... and then they write that it could be +/- a week, at least that's what it said on my report...I peeked

Yay for twins too!

Expert Forum User

Congrats! Keep us posted on your progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast