Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

That's good, makes sense too (that's how it was at Brick St. as well).

Hey, you got me there too woman, it's old hat for us... so I'll be there for you!

I'm not sure when my guy starts SK at Lorne ave yet but we will be there to walk with you if you want, unless your driving :P

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

dd starts sk this year, she loved going to jk! i was a little teary eyed her first day, she went right in!!!!! it's hard watching my baby grow up**sniff**
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

My dd got her letter yesterday from her new teacher...she starts next friday. She so needs to go to school and will totally be fine. But I'm so worried about her making friends...

My daughter got her letter from her teacher yesterday too. She was so excited. She will go to Emily Carr. The teachers there are fabulous! They were so great with all of my daycare kids. They made sure all of my daycare kids who have been together in my care since they were 12 months old would be in the same class. So, my daughter will be with all her friends all day. I was soooo greatful for that!
    Last edited by daycaremommy; 08-30-2007 at 06:53 AM.

I haven't gotten anything from the school. I know Douglas is going into Senior Kindergarten, but it's a new school for us. I thought he would have gotten something...I guess I better call. It's like starting school all over again, for both of them, with it being a new school.

My DD will be going into JK too. and I haven't gotten a letter yet, I'd better call the school because I have no idea what day she starts (lol, good parenting eh ). I thought the school told me something about her immunitzations. she is up to date. Do they need proof from the Dr's office. I can't remember what they said. We didn't make it to the pre-registrations in February as the baby had just been really sick & in the hospital.Do they need two pairs of running shoes ? (one indoor & one outdoors ). I've bought her one pair. At least I've bought her a (disney princess) backpack already.
    Sarah, Mommy to Lindsay October 8, 2003, Logan November 23, 2006 & Cohen September 18, 2010

When my kids started school, I received a letter stating I had to photocopy my children's immunization records and send them in to the Ministry of Health.

I don't have indoor/outdoor shoes yet. That has to wait until next Friday. :S

Expert Forum User

When I registered Mackenzie they gave me a form I had to fill out and send to the health unit. I just copied everything from her imm. record. I'd call the school if you haven't heard anything yet. I called monday and recieved my info wed.

We got a call from Nathan's JK teacher this week too. He's also starting next Friday. Aaaaaah! It's going to be really hard for me as I've been home with him since he was born. I think he will have a blast being with other kids though, and eventually I will learn to trust someone else to take care of him :-/

So I called the school today & was told her teacher would be calling us next week. And that her start date was probably going to be monday the 10th. I guess I'll have to get her immunizations records from the Dr's office. She has an appt Sept 13th anyway so I'm sure it can wait till then. The only reason she already has the new shoes is because I got them on clearance in the States months ago. I didn't think about it at the time, but they have Elmo & Zoe from Sesame street on them. She still watches it, hopefully she doesn't get teased because it's a 'baby' show. Do other peoples JK kids still like Sesame street ? It's hard to believe that my little girl is going to school, She won't even quite be 4 when she starts.
    Sarah, Mommy to Lindsay October 8, 2003, Logan November 23, 2006 & Cohen September 18, 2010

Hi Sarah - Nathan was born three days before Lindsay - and he does still like Elmo's World and Global Grover.

They don't tease each other much, yet. Closer to grade 2/3 in our experience. Sigh.

My DD has glasses and I hope there is at least one other kid in her class with glasses, so she doesn't feel left out. She always takes them off when playing princess, because she says that princesses don't wear glasses. lol I just want her to make friends and fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2tayandteag View Post
    My DD has glasses and I hope there is at least one other kid in her class with glasses, so she doesn't feel left out. She always takes them off when playing princess, because she says that princesses don't wear glasses. lol I just want her to make friends and fit in.
    Awww!!!

I just found out that Dougie starts on the first day because he's SK. I verified that he got afternoons like we wanted (that info is kinda nice to know, eh?). Dorks (the school). LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12