Expert Forum User

Default question about feeding schedule for 12 month old...

I am just curious....i know in one of the old Middlesex London Health unit books they had a sample menu plan for 12 months and up. I got the newer one so threw the old one out and the new one doesnt have it in it. But what i was wondering is when you change them to homo milk, how much are they suppose to drink and what time of the day do they usually drink it? Any help would be appreciated, i feel lost....If anyone has a copy of that page from the old handbook that would be great too

Expert Forum User

I switched Jack to homo milk at 12 months. He is now 18 months and still pretty much follows this same routine. He drinks his milk with his meals ... so breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He drinks it out of a sippy cup - I guess it would be about 4-6 ounces - I don't really keep track anymore. At first he would also have some before bed but now it's just breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Between meals and with snacks he drinks water or occasionally juice.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Expert Forum User

Thanks for the advice...it really helps...Would you just give him normal food (waffles, cereal etc) for breakfast? or did you continue on with the infant cereal that they say they should have until 18 months?
    Thanks...feel less lost now lol
    If anyone has that page too that would be great

Hi! I'm new. My daughter Jordan is actually 15 months old now but she still follows pretty much the same schedule as she did when she was 12 months. She gets 4 bottles of Homo Milk a day. Each bottle consists of 8 ounces of milk. She gets one bottle before each meal and then one bottle before bed. I never did continue on with the infant cereal much past a year of age. Once the box ran out I stopped. She does get normal oatmeal though (regular and on occasion the flavoured variety) for breakfast and she also gets things like waffles and pancakes and the like. If you are concerned though regarding the infant cereal and continuing to use it until 18 months, I would recommend talking to your pediatrician/doctor. They would be able to advise you better!

Laura

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

After a year Benjamin stopped eating the cereal, he didnt like it anymore!

And what they need for the homo milk is 500ml (2 cups) im reading the 12-36 months eating guide. Its not the new one i dont have it! I would say as long as they are getting milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Remember if they are not drinking alot the milk it is in other foods that you might be feeding them!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by bensmommy
    After a year Benjamin stopped eating the cereal, he didnt like it anymore!

And what they need for the homo milk is 500ml (2 cups) im reading the 12-36 months eating guide. Its not the new one i dont have it! I would say as long as they are getting milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Remember if they are not drinking alot the milk it is in other foods that you might be feeding them!
    Thanks for the info....
    Does it have a chart for their feeding schedule near the back? If so thats the one i am looking for...i think i might look on their website again to see if i can find it.. Noah is enjoying the cereal still now, and we are trying to get him into finger foods..So will see what happens then...

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mom*2*Jordan
    Hi! I'm new. My daughter Jordan is actually 15 months old now but she still follows pretty much the same schedule as she did when she was 12 months. She gets 4 bottles of Homo Milk a day. Each bottle consists of 8 ounces of milk. She gets one bottle before each meal and then one bottle before bed. I never did continue on with the infant cereal much past a year of age. Once the box ran out I stopped. She does get normal oatmeal though (regular and on occasion the flavoured variety) for breakfast and she also gets things like waffles and pancakes and the like. If you are concerned though regarding the infant cereal and continuing to use it until 18 months, I would recommend talking to your pediatrician/doctor. They would be able to advise you better!

Laura
    Thanks for the advice...I think i will ask the doctor as well...

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

no but i know what you mean. i have one somewhere i will look for it for you and post it!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

My DD wouldn't have baby cereal after 7.5 months old. She hated it! She wanted textures early and once she got used to textures the baby food was out the window. Our ped. told us that she didn't need formula after a year. She should be getting her nutrients from solid food and eating what we eat. She has about 2-3 cups of milk per day and has been taking homo milk since she was just less than a year. It took her a while to get up to 2+ cups of milk per day but that is normal from what I hear.

Try to make sure her diet is balance over the long run. If she doesn't eat veggies one day but eats fruit, fine. If she will only eat veggies and meat or pasta fine. Studies show that healthy babies/toddlers get the proper balance if they are only offered healthy choices.

Four bottles seems like a lot to me but maybe that is what she needs! If it isn't affecting her solid foods then run with it!

Expert Forum User

Thank you everyone for your advice, i dont feel so lost anymore