Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar

Default Cat Appreciation

This may seem like an odd thread, but I'm sure that is expected of me by now. With everything going wrong for me lately I just want to say what a joy my cats are. If you aren't a cat person I know you won't understand this but man they are the sunshine of my day. They keep the kids and I thoroughly amused. Some may say that it is a waste of money to feed cats when I have so little but in reality it costs less than half of what I used to spend on cigarettes not so long ago. I am thankful everyday they are here for me.

This week Ernie (who is not quite a kitten anymore) has discovered the water dish. He has always known it was there, as he visits this oasis everyday. However he now believes it is actually a pool for his own enjoyment. He washes cat toys in it. He splashes water as hard as he can in every direction. My kitchen is now a water hazard but my floor has never been so clean. He has just appeared soaked to the shoulders with dripping whiskers and a strange look of satisfaction on his face. I'm assuming this means its time to wipe up and refill the pool.

Anyone else home with cats enjoying the ride?

Everything I love is illegal, immoral or fattening.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I am a total cat person. I love, love, love when they keep your lap warm, purring away. They're so easy to please! I will always find a way to feed my kitty My home is not complete without one.

awww, cats are soo sweet pm, im happy they are bringing some joy into your life!!

My cat used to go around everywhere pearched on my shoulders

Thanks for sharing

Oliver came to us from my sister, who had taken him in as a stray. We think he's about three years old now. I tried to keep him indoors when we first got him, but it soon became clear that this cat was meant to be outside! Since letting him be an outdoor cat, he has become much happier. When DS and I go for walks around the complex, Ollie comes with us, following behind. When we get home at night, he is there waiting at the door for us. After DS goes to bed, and I'm curled up on the couch with a blanket, Oliver comes to keep me warm. If DS is crying, Ollie is right at his side, trying to comfort him. I can't imagine not having him in my life!

Banned

I adore Cats and I can totally see how your cats would light up your home

I wish we could have a kitty but Andrew and I are allergic

Enjoy your sweet kitties

More pictures would be good

I have a love/hate relationship with our cats. I love them except when they pee in places that aren't the litter box - then i hate them.

Willow is black and white and Mojo is all black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cat Appreciation-winter-08-129.jpg   Cat Appreciation-winter-08-202.jpg   Cat Appreciation-winter-08-207.jpg  
    ds - nov. '03 & dd - mar. '06

Expert Forum User

My parents have 2 cats and they have stories to tell everyday about some new antics going on in their home! They are enjoyable creatures for sure. We have a dog and eventually I want a cat but we can't afford any extras right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhemmom View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with our cats. I love them except when they pee in places that aren't the litter box - then i hate them.

Willow is black and white and Mojo is all black.
    Ahh yes we all have pics of our cats on heating vents and in sunbeams! I used to have a wall mounted gas heater. The fan gavea click when it turned on and my cat would come running to lay in the warm air.

I am trying for the first time to add attachments, ds helped me pick the pictures.
    We have two amazing cats, the older one (dark grey) is so wonderful with the kids, he has travelled with us through three provinces.
    The younger one is a new addition, we got her about this time last year. She is also great with the kids and a welcome addition. I love it when they sleep together

aack, I don't know how to do pictures

Awww such great pictures

Expert Forum User

So not a cat person, but love that you are getting enjoyment. We have a guinea pig and often find myself watching her act silly in her cage or taking her out just to hold and feel her warmth.

Expert Forum User

I am a cat person with no cat Hoping to get one one day. While I wait I love everyone's stories of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by allie27 View Post
    I am a cat person with no cat Hoping to get one one day. While I wait I love everyone's stories of theirs.
    You could always foster a cat short term or adopt an older cat. There are lots of kitties out there right now. Ask Santa. I hear he has pull in this dept.

Here's three of my little cuddle muffins. The fourth had been lent out to do some mouse removal but it back home now. The two kittens have actually outgrown their fur so we'll have to wait for it to fill in to see what their going to look like.

Default I have nothing else to add right now.

Yay cats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast