Thread: Clubs or Teams

Default Clubs or Teams

Any suggestions for some good weekly clubs for 10-12 year boys/girls? I've been looking online for info on Girl Guides, Boy Scouts, sports teams ect. with no luck. I'm interested in a weekly event moreso for the social aspect than anything.

Expert Forum User

All three of my children (2 boys & 1 girl) have been involved in scouting over the years. Middle son really enjoyed all the levels: beavers, cubs, scouts & venturers. This website is good for information in general, but scout leaders LOVE to talk about scouting and their group. Just call or email.

http://www.scouts.ca/inside.asp?cmPageID=115

Both of my girls love Brownies and Sparks. They are also involved in a Saturday morning bowling league. It is very casual and they learn the basics of bowling plus having lots of fun. It is run out of Royale Bowl on Dundas St, I am the secretary for the younger group. If you have an interest pm me and I can let you know details on when we start ect.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

I also highly recomment Girl Guides. I was a leader for 7 years (without having any kids of my own) and loved it.

On a completely separate note.... (and this is nothing more than curiousity)... how did you manage to post without it showing your name, post info, etc... Is this a glitch? Or are people able to post without becoming members?

Expert Forum User

I'm a Sparks leader, so of course i HIGHLY recommend it! LOL!

Ontario: 1-800-565-8111
    girlguides.ca