Default Anyone else feel this (Sept mom's)

For the last couple days I feel like someone kicked me in the crotch with a steal toe boot on. I can't get up fast, or make any sudden motions that involve the use of my pelvic bone. Saturday I was walking around shopping. And I would get this shooting pain from my stomach right down my uterus. I had to sit down a few times from the feeling.

I don't remember having this with Savannah. I think Riley might be moving himself on down finally.
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)

Expert Forum User

I'm not feeling that exactly, but I am certainly feeling some different things - LOADS of pressure, finding it harder to sit and bend and all that. I know it's only the beginning of August and I have 6 weeks left, but I am SO ready to be done and meet this little critter!

Yes I am feeling the same way the pressure is unreal that I cannot do a lot...I have terrible feeling of him dropping out and I mean seriously it will come in bursts... I am wanting to meet this little guy as wellI have 6 weeks left as well...I had an internal done by my doc up at Labour and delivery and he told me that baby's head is quite low....which I already knew from the tremendous amount of pressure..but I had been having frequent contractions (they told me it was early labour) but it was a bladder infection that caused it...even after taking the medications I still feel horrible...
    and I don't remember any of this pressure pain from when I had Xavier so it is a little worrisom

I don't know for sure but it might be due to the hormone relaxin that has kicked in nicely at this stage of the game that allows you to have flexibility in your pelvis for the birth. Sometimes it works overtime on the pubic symphisis and some women even experience a separating of these bone during late pregnancy.
    It could also be the ligament and muscles that are pulling more due to the growing belly. Regular massage and chiropractic is especially benefical during this time.
    Looking for a doula? Contact --
    www.babeezeinarms.com

I completely know how you feel! I swear sometimes it felt like DD's head was on it's way out and my symphisis pubis area was very painful. second pg's are usually different (in case you're weren't already aware because your body already know what is going to happen.

I second the opinion of having chiropractic care and massage therapy!
    www.pamperedchef.biz/maryfurlan

Take Charge! Take Action! Ask me how easy it is to be your own boss!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I remember the "falling out" feeling with my second pregnancy, and the sore pubic bone. It's really spooky! My hips also absolutely killed me, and sleeping on my sides would put my whole side to sleep. Totally normal!