Thread: Greys Anatomy

Default Greys Anatomy

Why am i watching greys anatomy when all it does is make me feel sad at the end....?

BAWLING!!

Expert Forum User

Ohhhh, is it a good one? What is happening that is sad? Give me a spoiler, I can't wait to watch it tomorrow!

me 2

My DD name is Lylah too There is just so much that went on i dont know where to start. u'll have to wait and see

The chief has been very greedy latley

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGizzyOf2 View Post
    The chief has been very greedy latley
    Agreed. I hate that other guy who was standing in the room with the family who was packing up the boys stuff. Someone needs a reality check....that really pissed me off.

Jake &Tate

Ana
    Expert Forum User

The kangaroo care bit with Karev made me crazy 1) Kangaroo care is not new - the original study done in Brazil is at least 20 yrs old 2) its isnt a way to hold the baby as Baily said to Karev, it MEANS putting the baby skin to skin - that isnt a more effective way to do it! 3) why was Karev doing it - it would have helped the mother not freak out and convulse if they had just let her have her baby. Kangaroo care works both ways.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

yup. i was a bit taken aback with the “OMG“ light bulb moment of the kangaroo care too.

you watch Grey's because of McDreamy? McSteamy? You like the storylines? Drama?
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
    The kangaroo care bit with Karev made me crazy 1) Kangaroo care is not new - the original study done in Brazil is at least 20 yrs old 2) its isnt a way to hold the baby as Baily said to Karev, it MEANS putting the baby skin to skin - that isnt a more effective way to do it! 3) why was Karev doing it - it would have helped the mother not freak out and convulse if they had just let her have her baby. Kangaroo care works both ways.
    Really? I liked it. I mean they never get this stuff 100% right on TV but it is huge for them to show things like Kangaroo care. The research on it is old, but the more commonplace practice of it in Western hospitals is newish.

I was a bit annoyed that they got it wrong in the beginning, but then they did get it mostly right. And sure it would have been better for the mom to hold the baby, but the show isn't about the mom - it is about the Grey's characters.

That part of the show made me happy
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

Did it make sense though that the baby could be taken out of the incubator so soon without ANY wires, leads, meds, etc?!?!?!

I was only half paying attention, but I remember doing kangaroo Care with my DS (the BEST) and it was a constant struggle to keep everything from pulling on him!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tansie View Post
    Did it make sense though that the baby could be taken out of the incubator so soon without ANY wires, leads, meds, etc?!?!?!

I was only half paying attention, but I remember doing kangaroo Care with my DS (the BEST) and it was a constant struggle to keep everything from pulling on him!
    Likely no given how unstable the baby was. But honestly, I don't really expect medical dramas to get it all right. I allow for a lot of creative interpretation as long as they get the spirit of it right - and IMO they did.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
    Lol see I liked the fact that they at least focused on the technique....I was waiting for a wrap to get pulled out than Karev could have continued his work.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Ana
    Expert Forum User

Ha! Karev with wrap!

Well for me, I watch for the storylines - all the weird medical cases. So when I see they dont get it right with ones I know about, I find it irritating, because I know they are probably messing up the ones I dont know anything about. I'd rather have seen Karev fighting for the mom to try to do Kangaroo care when the baby started to go downhill - especially since she had been begging to hold her baby earlier. I think that would have been more in character for him anyway.

ETA: AFter further reflection, I realize the scenario I have proposed doesnt involve us seeing Karev with no shirt on....even if he is holding a doll
    Last edited by Ana; 11-06-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommymanda View Post
    Lol see I liked the fact that they at least focused on the technique....I was waiting for a wrap to get pulled out than Karev could have continued his work.

Haha! Spoken like a true wrapper

I liked the point. I agree, the babe should have been with the Mama. I think it was made pretty for T.V.
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas