Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Sorry ladies, another question about DTC and CCTB

I got my acceptance letter yesterday from the Sudbury tax centre, saying they approve of my son's disability from 2006-2015. Does this mean it will reflect my CCTB this month, or do I have to wait and get a letter from CCTB?? It does state in the letter that I have to resend a new letter asking for my CCTB to be adjusted for 2006-2007 if I want them to. So that is being sent again today.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

it will be on this payment of the CCTB automaticlly no more letters

Expert Forum User

Yeah thanks! We are going to Disney in 18 days, so this will help!

Expert Forum User

I just called cctb, they said it won't reflect this months payment, I will get it for December 11th though! It takes 8 weeks to process, and they didn't get anything from the tax office till Sept 22nd. They told me to call back after November 28th to verify, and since I sent in a letter asking to adjust all the way to 2006, they are gonna backpay me 4 years!

Sorry, I hadn't gotten a chance to answer to your pm, but you may be lucky and get the past 2.5 years readjusted this month. I automatically got mine reassessed for the last two years and the current year (which they do, as I said automatically).

just wanted to let you know, I decided to give a call today too.

I got my letter on Sept 30th, and faxed them a letter asking for my reassessments Sept 30th as well.

For my taxes its approx 3mths, the last time they did anything was Nov 2nd on my account. And for 04-05 CCTB, its the same (the remaining years I need reassessed for CCTB). She said not to expect anything til the end of december. Boooo. lol

Expert Forum User

They said because I sent everything in when I applied, that I don't need to send anything else in. But when I checked the dates on the calender, 8 weeks lands on November 17th, so I just might get a good payment this month. I'm not gonna expect it, but will get it for sure on the December one. They sent a letter saying my income taxes were reajusted, but since I didn't owe them anything, the disability tax credit doesn't reflect my account. But the CCTB lady said I will be paid for 2006 to present but it wasn't fully processed yet.

It's confussing!!

its a pain in the ass. lol I asked about sending the letter for the reassessment with my application and was told I couldn't. lol

I was hoping to get it before christmas. Boo! LOL

I just want to make sure I have things straight.. their dr. is currently filling out the forms ... once these are ready to go... what else am I supposed to send with it to ensure there are no delays in their processing it or whatever.. letters to who? from who? contact who? RCA? I would like to be fully prepared once I get them back so I can send everything off together ASAP..

Once you get approved you send a letter asking for the approved tax years to be reassessed.
    IF you get CCTB, then you also send them a letter asking for the approved tax years to be reassessed. They automatically (CCTB) reassess the last two years.

Expert Forum User

I was told it would take 12-16 weeks, I received my letter in 7 weeks. CCTB said it takes 8 weeks from when they receive the info from the Sudbury Tax Centre. I sent a letter requesting CCTB to reevaluate my Child Tax and also to the tax centre to redo my taxes for the years my doctor marked my son as disabled.

I asked for my taxes to be reassed the End of Aug to reflect the DTC and I am still waiting. I was told it can take up to 6 months but the goal is 8-13 weeks depending on how may year and once you send it in it is processed first come first serve. Sorry I know that is not what you want to hear but I would not count on it any time soon. Everytime I call I am told they are “working on it“

Expert Forum User

I don't care about the tax part, as I have always gotten money back (other than one year). It is getting my CCTB adjusted accordingly.

Sorry I am not sure how long that will take as I got the credit for myself not a child, and there is no mothly payment for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
    I don't care about the tax part, as I have always gotten money back (other than one year). It is getting my CCTB adjusted accordingly.
    Your Nov payment should have 2.5 yrs on it.

I got my letter from CRA Sept 30th, and got the last two years reassessed as well as up to last month.
    They automatically reassess the last two years, and the current year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast