Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Im sure I couldn't have looked more pathetic - pretty funny

oh my gosh, I'm sure I gave a few people a good story today - probably thinking that I'm a total nut job.

So I loaded the 3 kids in the wagon today and went to the library, on the way back it was raining quite a bit, but I had to get them back for lunch and nap, so we bought and umbrella and off we went. I however was not dressed appropriately and didn't have a hood, but I thought whatever, it's only water and I can change when I get home..

WELL, the baby decided to move and pinched my sciatic nerve - it happened a lot with my last pregnancy - but this was the first time this time around.

O.M.G it hurt - like someone stabbed me... well, I stopped but then had to keep walking, it hurt so bad tears are streaming down my face, so I got to a bench and had to sit down. Luckily the kids were all dry and I sat on the bench with tears rolling down my face (they were busy with their stuff luckily) trying to breathe and push the baby so that it would move. THREE people stopped to ask me if I was ok and if they could help LOL, a lady even sat down on the bench with me and offered to stay (ppl are so nice ) - ahhh imagine how crazy I looked sitting 'crying' on a bench, in the rain, with a wagon full of kids. People must have thought I was having a breakdown or something LOL

thank goodness it only took about 10 minutes if that and the baby moved, now it just feels like I was punched in the butt cheek lol

LOL!
    the visual is awesome
    A son can charm himself into (and out of) most things

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

This story would have been way more entertaining had you had make up running down your face too...lol (like black mascara lines).

Sucks that you were in pain though, Im glad people stopped to ask if you were okay.

Oh Foxi I feel for you becuase I'm there too. Hugs.

Take a nice long bath tonight I find it helps with some of the back pain.

Awe, sorry I giggled! I totally don't miss that pain!! I was once making my bed and the baby hit the wrong spot and my legs crumbled under me!
    I hope the baby doesn't do that to you too often!

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Quote Originally Posted by mom2markus View Post
    This story would have been way more entertaining had you had make up running down your face too...lol (like black mascara lines).

Sucks that you were in pain though, Im glad people stopped to ask if you were okay.
    get this, I bought waterproof mascara for the first time EVER on Monday! yea that would have been so much worse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    Oh Foxi I feel for you becuase I'm there too. Hugs.

Take a nice long bath tonight I find it helps with some of the back pain.
    I only have a half sized bath tub lol, I was digging around for our hotwater bottle but can't find it. I think I'm going to call shoppers and get them to deliver one and some tylenol - I can only sit on one side of my bum lol

Quote Originally Posted by mommyofone View Post
    Awe, sorry I giggled! I totally don't miss that pain!! I was once making my bed and the baby hit the wrong spot and my legs crumbled under me!
    I hope the baby doesn't do that to you too often!
    lol that's ok! I've been laughing since I got home

omg I know! that happened to me at work last time with DS, I fell against a coworker lol - so glad that it wasn't like that this time.
    I had forgotten how bad it is and how suddenly it can happen - never been stabbed, but I sure imagine it feelign JUST like that!
    ahhh what babies do to us

Expert Forum User

been there, glad ppl stopped to help. Hugs and take it easy tonight.
    DS#1 Dec 06
    DS#2 May 08
    DD#1 Oct 09
    DD#2 Dec 10

Ugh yes mine was a literal pain in the rear too haha. I would stretch it out in various ways.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by foximamma View Post
    I only have a half sized bath tub lol, I was digging around for our hotwater bottle but can't find it. I think I'm going to call shoppers and get them to deliver one and some tylenol - I can only sit on one side of my bum lol
    Get them to bring a bag of candy or chocolate too (I personally like the dark choclate Lindors) You can have some while you sit on the hot water bottle with your feet up.

Expert Forum User

awww poor you!

[/url]

That was nice of ppl to stop and ask if you were ok and if there was anything they could do. It's these kinds of stories that remind me there still are many good ppl in our society today
    Sorry about the sciatic/butt cheek pain. I know what it feels like. I started to get it at 6 weeks when pregnant with my youngest son. Everyone kept telling me my pain would go away after I had the baby...no such luck. I still suffered with it almost 1 1/2 years later, so I was sent for CT scan and it was determined I had a herniated disc (painful!). Hoping you're able to get some relief and soon. You may want to try a chiropractor if nothing else is helping with the pain, may be worth a try anyways.

OMG how aweful. Why do such things always happen when you least expect them?
    Sorry that you were/are in pain!
    Definitely call Shoppers and get the water bottle, Tylenol and the chocolate, that SPring suggested. You deserved it!

I am glad though that there were people stopping and asking whether they could help, especially in the pouring rain. It is nice to know there are still people out there who actually care!!!!

thanks everyone

huh I'm just reading stuff on the internet and apparently it isn't caused by the baby moving - it's from standing so long or something?

anyone been told what causes this? (I'd like to do my best to AVOID it!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

awe that sucks Glad people were kind and that you made it home though
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

I was told it was from abnormal repititive movements involving twisting and bending of the spine with occasionally excessive amounts of unbearing weight load... ya think? mine was from working. and funny i never had it at al through my pregnancies...

I hope you feel better soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast