Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default do you and hubby date?

a friend indicated to me she keeps things going by "dating her DH.
    they set aside time once a month and don't talk about the kids
    do you?
    we don't but i wouldn't mind trying... but a sitter...........ugh

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

mumtobelle

Maybe we'll try once we are back in the city and can have Uncle or Gramps come and babysit but for right now it's impossible. Also, I don't know how long #2 will give me between nursings to leave the house for more than 2 hours.

Mitchell, ON, far enough to be quaint but close enough to visit

with 3 children we don't have time or the money to go on dates! But we do try once a month to get the kids all to bed at a decient time and have a late dinner in the basement and watch a movie with no yelling and screaming and interruptions, its nice to just sit and talk between us and enjoy a nice hot meal.

SuperMom

We try to go out once in a while. We use the hot tub as our communication area - the kids are in bed sleeping, we get some alone time and actually TALK! It's been great for our relationship!

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

We don't but would like to. Again with 3 kids and shift work it is hard to find time. But we are going to soon.

Expert Forum User

Default dating

We do, we went to Yuk Yuks last night and had a great time, Nana babysat, so that was free and we got the tickets through Tami for CHEAP!! We will be doing this at least once every two weeks.

Expert Forum User

I would like to but don't think that I'm ready to let just anyone look after my DD. Both sets of parents are out of town right now, one set is away for 3 months and the other is away until the end of Feb. I know that we have friends that have offered to look after Leah but they have only seen her when she has been really good (not crying) and I don't know what they would do or how they would handle her if she started. I know that it can be very trying for the two of us and don't want to put that on someone else. I know that in the summer we will be doing a lot more "dating" as my DH will be off work (teacher) and neither set of parents go away. Also with our LO being older we will have more things for a "sitter" to do with her.

We try to go out on 'dates' once a month or so. We have a couple of good babysitters so it works out pretty good. With Christmas and all that we haven't been out for a while but we'd like to go out again next weekend before he goes away to China for 2 weeks.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

We try to go out every tuesday night or every other tuesday night! Nanny takes Benjamin for the night. So its nice for us to be alone.

We like to go to the movies or dinner. We like to stay at home and cuddle sometimes. I dont know what were going to do when this baby comes? Not sure if nanny would want to kids to look after but you never know! Maybe when this baby is 3-4 months or something!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

We don't as often as we'd like but DH called yesterday and suggested a date this weekend. My sister came through to sit so I guess we're on tonight for dinner and a movie! Yay! We even have a gift card for the Keg.

DH and I are going to Cuba for a week in February so I think that counts for many dates!

If we didn't have my family around I'm not sure what we'd do though.

I think that it is very important to have time with your partner as well as regular time just for yourself, out of the house.
    Madelyn, Cooper and Beatrice's Mom

We date as often as possible (around once every 2-3 weeks) and it is sooo good. If I dont spend alone time with DH I start to feel distant and even sometimes disinterested. One of our resolutions this year is to try and make it once a week dates. Its hard though when you have to find a sitter, pay for a sitter, and your kid wont accept a bottle!

Once every like, 4 months. If. We're too cheap, and with all these here kids, even if we had a sitter, it would cost as much as the food/entertainment, so whatever.

Huron & Highbury... Betcha can't guess what city though!!

I wish we did more - our daycare provider is my mother though - which kinda cramps things because I dont really trust sitters. (until she is able to speak and tell me if something happened, paranoid or not, I'm not comfy leaving her with anyone.) Soo that kinda cuts our opportunities down - b/c my mother has her every day.... about once every 2-3 months mum will ask to watch her ona sat nite or something so we can go to dinner and a movie or something... but since she's there so much already, I dont like to impose on my mum that much.

DH's father and wife, and mother and b/f live in Chatham area, and St Thomas respectively so its not like we can just take her to them LoL
    Mama to 3 active, beautiful, energetic, and always entertaining children.

DD ~ K ~ April 22, 2005
    DS1 ~ K ~ May 17, 2007
    DS1 ~ K ~ July 23, 2010

Senior Member Madie&Logan's Mom's Avatar

We do about once a month.
    ~Christine~

Mom to Madison Anne (5) and Logan Douglas (2)

DH and I have a "date night" once a month, have a nice dinner out, maybe a show, hit up the bars. DON'T mention our little girl. It's great. We bicker a lot at home, but our date night, it all stops. We enjoy it so much, and don't have to worry, because Em's at Gramma and Grampa's for the night. I would give it up for anything!
    ~ Emmy's Mum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast