Expert Forum User

Default where is my patience?

Ok, is this a pregnancy thing, or a me thing? I have been super patient with Clark since the day he was born....but lately, not so much. I am feeling pretty good, but I just feel like my nerves are frazzled. Maybe it's because Clark is much more active now, or because he's discovered how to "whine" or just because I've spent SO much time with him lately (we were in Ottawa last week w/o DH). I really feel like I just need to get away....Why am I so impatient???

mumtobelle

Default Re: where is my patience?

Quote Originally Posted by teacher_mom
    ....Why am I so impatient???
    Because you are heavily pregnant and Clark isn't even 1 yet. My advice, try to get some time to yourself before #2 arrives. Don't beat yourself up over it either. I felt the same way and Belle was 12 months old when Piper was conceived.

Expert Forum User

I've been the same way since getting pregnant. Some days are better than others though! Did you at least enjoy some "me" time today???

Banned

I don't know where your patience is, but if you find it and mine is hanging out there too, please send it home!!

I was the same way, starting around the same time. I was so frustrated with Jack at times, and had very little patience for his whining.
    Barbi, mommy to
    Jack and Seth

Expert Forum User

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one; I was starting to feel like a rotten Mommy. Some days are better than others but on those "bad days" I feel like I have no patience whatsoever and Jack, of course, can sense that so he is whinier than usual and it is a viscious (sp?) cycle. I'm hoping once baby comes it will be better - but I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better since I'll be sleep deprived.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Expert Forum User

Whew - so I'm not just a terrible mom! I was starting to feel like crap over this - but it's nice (for lack of better word!) to hear that I'm not the only one. I had some alone time yesterday (thank you, MIL) but am going to take mumtobelle's advice and try to get away - even for a night - before this baby comes. I not so subtly suggested to DH that he plan something. We'll see....

You are certainly are not alone on this matter. I have my good days and bad days with Ronyn as well. You just have to take it day by day!

haha... glad to read this. I thought I was having hormone issues with having recently gotten my period back because I've been so impatient and frazzled lately. Guess it's just the age our boys are at- good to know.

I've been feeling the same way! Had a couple of rough weeks and worried if my patience would EVER come back. It has, but I still feel like I'd need some "me" sort of time, at least to work on my thesis. I'm hoping my husband can occupy Ava tomorrow morning so I can slip away and then in afternoon we're all planning to take in the Folk Fest tomorrow!

I didn't actually get away from it all, but my husband went away for a few days and my dad stayed with me and pampered me - nice meals out, playing with Ava so I could shower alone for once, doing the dishes for me, etc. I think that helped me re-charge my batteries, and Ava's too. She's been in a pretty great mood since his visit.

Hang in there, teacher_mom! Extra grumpy kids and less-than-perfectly-patient-preggo mamas seem to be the norm around here! You're not alone!