Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Do you need one-to-one support for your child to go to camp?

Good news for kids who have trouble going to summer camp because one-on-one support is so expensive!

more information

Frequently Asked Questions

The 2007 Summer Camp Support Fund is available to all Ontario families of children or youth with ASD who retain the services of a one-to-one support worker for their child to attend a community summer camp or summer program.

Maximum reimbursements of $585, per child or youth, will be made to help subsidize services purchased between July 1 and August 31, 2007. The deadline for submitting your completed application is September 14, 2007.

A minimum of 500 children, from across Ontario, will be eligible.

Reimbursements will be issued by Autism Ontario’s Provincial Office upon receipt of the following three documents:

• 1. Evidence of a clear ASD diagnosis from a professional who is qualified to make the diagnosis
      2. All original receipt(s) for fees paid to the child’s worker by the parent of the child with ASD
      3. A complete, signed 2007 Summer Camp Support Fund Application (click here).

Note: You do not need to be a member or associate of Autism Ontario to participate.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I wish that were to available to kids with other diagnoises than just autism but thats great for kids with ASD

Expert Forum User

That is wonderful for children with Autism but there are many children out there who still can not go because they don't have Autism but still need the one on one support.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

one step at a time...
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

Expert Forum User

bump

Expert Forum User

Thanks for bumping this Virginia...however...

I applied on July 28th of last year for this funding...and they had already exhausted the funds they had available. Don't know how the heck that happened since I applied only 28 days after the program started! Needless to say, I was NOT happy that I was then $585 out of pocket. Fortunately, something else came through for us...but I bet there are a lot of other families that missed out that thought they would be getting that money back. I'll be a lot more skeptical this year, that's for sure!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown