Default Itsy presents....A Tiny Night (fundraiser for families in the NICU)

I am very excited to share with you: www.itsy.ca! Itsy is a charitable organization that supports the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario; in addition to helping the “itsy bitsy” NICU residents, Itsy provides financial relief to families who have infants in the NICU over the Christmas season.

In case some of you aren’t aware, my husband and I had a daughter born in February 2008, who was 4 months premature. She had a very rough start in life, weighing a mere 1 lb 12 ounces and spent 4 months in the NICU at St. Joseph’s Hospital, battling various health concerns. I am happy to you report to you that she is now a healthy 25 lb toddler! During our stay in the NICU we saw many families struggling to manage the unexpected financial costs of having an infant in the NICU; in order to help these families, we created the charitable organization, “Itsy”.

Itsy is very proud to present the 2nd annual fundraising event, Tiny Night, which will be held on Friday, November 20th at Aroma Restaurant; mark your calendars! The fundraising evening will be a cocktail style event, complete with special guest speakers, silent auction & raffles, entertainment and a gourmet miniature appetizer menu; the event theme is “tiny”, so expect all things small! Please see the “Buy Tickets” page on Welcome to Itsy.ca to reserve your spot for the event; it will be a great night out for all who attend!

Please take some time to check out itsy.ca; there is so much to see!

Kind Regards,

Laurel
    www.itsy.ca
    www.storylunnen.blogspot.com ---our blog

Last edited by laurel; 09-29-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

What a great idea!!! I would love to support this as my DD also spent apprx. 3 months in the NICU however can not afford the $100 it would cost for us to attend the dinner.... is there anything else you are looking for help with??
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    What a great idea!!! I would love to support this as my DD also spent apprx. 3 months in the NICU however can not afford the $100 it would cost for us to attend the dinner.... is there anything else you are looking for help with??
    thanks for the response! yes, there are lots of ways to help! Check out the site: www.itsy.ca and click on “Donate“, there are options to make a monetary donation or to donate an item that is needed by the families in the NICU. Once you take a look at the list, I'm sure you'll be able to relate, seeing as you spent time in the NICU.

thanks for your interest!

Expert Forum User

Id like to donate a few things as well. Once I get a few things set up here - Ill see what I can do.
    “A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
    it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”- Helen Rice

Are you the family who gave us all Wal Mart cards this XMAS?
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Quote Originally Posted by L&AMOM View Post
    Id like to donate a few things as well. Once I get a few things set up here - Ill see what I can do.
    fantastic! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    Are you the family who gave us all Wal Mart cards this XMAS?
    yes, that was a part of what we did last year. This year we are going to be bigger and better..so far so good! thanks for your interest in this, as I know you can relate having gone through the NICU experience yourself!

Well thank you for the gift card! It was greatly appreciated! My DH was laid off right before Madi came home from the NICU and it was nice to get a christmas gift while staying there (I was in Care By Parent for Christmas).

Just wanted to give this a bump! The event is happening in less than 3 weeks, if you've been touched by the NICU and interested in attending, please let me know or see: Welcome to Itsy.ca

Just a few updates…

There are amazing silent auction items that will be up for grabs at the event; a few sneak peeks for you….

~Professional snow removal for the entire upcoming winter season
    ~Round trip VIA rail for two and a night's stay at Westin Harbour Castle hotel
    ~Weekend meditation course
    ~Box tickets for the London Knights
    ~Bike rental from Rocky's Harley Davison
    ~And much, much more!

Remember our theme is “tiny”! Bring your tiniest purse or wear your littlest tie for a chance to win a great raffle prize

Aroma's gourmet miniature appetizer menu will be sure to impress you; there will be loads of appetizers served, please come with a large appetite!

Discounted hotel rooms are reserved under “Itsy” for all out of town guests; rate is $135/night. Call 519-442-4444 to book StationPark All Suite Hotel | 1.800.561.4574 (must book by Nov 10th for Itsy rate)

See the Mom and Caregiver magazine's November issue for a feature on Itsy; send the Mom & Caregiver your NICU story for chance to win free event tix! For more details: The Mom Online

Watch /A\ Television station, during November, for an In Touch promoting Tiny Night! Keep your ears open…Itsy will be promoted on BOB FM during the month of November

Thank you for your support!

Itsy is a charitable organization that supports the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. Joseph's Hospital in London, Ontario. In addition to helping the “itsy bitsy” NICU residents, Itsy provides financial relief to families who have infants in the NICU over the holiday season.